anyone have problems with Gnats?? using Hydro?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrPuffAlot

Green thumb in training
Reaction score
I been using Diatomaceous earth in my soil grows, and they seem
pest free. BUT... now i found some hanging around my hydroton
on my DWC buckets. And after further research.. it turns out..
these gnat SOBS infect hydro grows too... Even hatching eggs and
Larvaes swimming in resevoirs.. Freaking annoying little fudgers..

anyways I sprinkled a little on top of my hydroton.

Anyone use Diatomaceous earth in their Hydro grow??

Think i did a bad thing ?? errrrrrrr

:fid:

ya, I have had them around, I bought one of those black and decker elec. radio wave things from lowes, I have not seen them little flying sob's since. when I first plugged that thing in and sat it next to my plants 2 big flys flew from the room right away.

so it must work.

I didnt want fly tape hanging over me or my plants. I bought some in case that elec. thing didnt work, but it seems to be doing the job.

my hubby just reminded me we bought it at wally world for 29.95

hope this help.

i have not had gnats using hydro MrPuffAlot, and i am sorry to hear its possible and you got em. wouldnt know what to advise ya, sounds like that radiowave thing could work and im sure more advice will come

Gnats have been absolutely terrible in my area the last 2 summers..... and not just in the house... go out to eat, ya see them everywhere.

I will have to look into one of those radio thingymajiggers.

I have not really noticed them around the grow area though.

No prob with me. I saw one once and thin killed it "took about an hour of hunting" never saw them again...

i hunt them every day lil sob`s an i dont even know that they do any damage just irritate me they do

For Gnat hunting my weapon of choice is a damp dishrag ) .... Nasty lil buggers.

ive got gnats. When I open up my dwc, a couple always pop out. So far they havent been a problem though, but I would rather them not be there.

I have some and haven't really been too worried about them. However, now that the buds are getting sticky the buds are acting like fly paper. I am sure that dead gnats do not makes the buds taste better!

i've have seen them only a couple of them at a times but they haven't done anything i think they follow the smell because they were all over a coffee cup the next day i used a vegtable spray insectiside on the walls of the of the grow closet and on the underside of the fan leaves and they went away for a month but they're back now so i put a fan in there to blow more air around hopefully the'll leave but at the moment they aren't causing a problem

Latest posts

Back