anyone know what causes this

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frankthetank

Reaction score
just wondering, its only on a few leafs and almost ready to harvest but still curious
PH is confirmed at 6.8
tiger bloom, big bloom, earth juice microblast nutes
400w hps
plants 18-24 inches from lights
temps 80 lights on 62 lights off
2 gallon pot
good ventilation with fan
humidity 45%
I added a little dol. lime to soil originally
feed every other watering
the plant is in the corner furthest from the fan
using tap water but let it sit out for a day or two

008.JPG

looks like a deficency imo possibly a magnesium ,,but with you adding dolmite to the soil im not sure :ignore:

some one will be along soon to give you a definate answer ,,:peace:

Looks like lock out to me. No concerns if you are about to harvest. 2 gal pots? Maybe a bit of rootlock. Maybe extreme rootlock. I dunno but I would be more concerned with all those white spots on the leaves. What is that? You got mites or something?

That pattern on the leaves is straight up a Phosphorus deficiency. Your plant uses alot of it during flowering, so thats why you're seeing it near the end of flowering. What rockster said explains why it is purple as well. It's not a nute lockout or Magnesium def. as stated before, simply you've used up most of the nutes in your plant during flowering.

thanks all i'll up her nutes a little. not sure bout white spots no mites that i've seen. maybe i'll switch to bigger pots next grow

I thought you were close to harvest? If you're only a couple weeks away or less, I def. wouldn't up the nutes, extra phosphorous in the buds make em burn bad and taste harsh... You might actaully have a smooth smoke without having to flush if you're inside that two week window, since you don't have an overabundance of P in your plants. How far away are ya??

I'm actually at around 2 weeks till she should be ready. If that deficiency is not going to affect anything then i'll keep the same nute dose. and that makes sense about being a smoother smoke with less P in it. Thanks again for all your input.

Many people, when two weeks away from harvest stop giving nutes and just give water. Personally I give nutes untill just a week till harvest then flush once and give straight water from then. Alot of people have differing opinions on how to treat their plants near the end, but most everyone agrees not to give nutes on the last week. Since you nute dose has been a bit low, I would continue your nutes for a week and just give water that last week to really smooth out the taste. This is just an opinion though, its all about your personal taste and preference. Shoot some guys donj't mind it a bit harsh and continue the nutes till the very end just to pack on a bit of extra weight. Just take note of whatever you do so you can apply, or not apply it to your next grow!

I was looking a bit more and what you have could also be a Molybdenum def. which is rare, but shows up in color changing strains in cold temps. I still stand by my first thought of what I said in my earlier post, as a Molybdenum def. shows up when you have a Phosphorus def., but the purple showing up in the leaf I guess is a sign of a Molybdenum def. as well. This late into flowering its not something to worry about really, as discussed in the last post, but if you encounter this in the future a simple foliar spray with a fertilizer containing trace amounts of the substance should fix it, as MJ plants only need this mineral in very small quanities, just applying your fert foliarly should fix things...

I love the heading on this thread, kind of afraid to look ,but can't help it....:eek:

The wierd thing is that a clone of that same plant is starting to do the same thing. Never know what you will get with bagseed, hopefully the northern lights and hindu kush turn out a little better they just went into flower last week. Yeah I also stop with nutes a week or so before harvest & try for the smoothest taste possible with a nice long cure. Anyway thanks again Blanco for the time & advice.

If that clones is doing the same thing, once it roots and is strong enough to get nutes, give it a foliar srpay with a nute solution that contains Molybdenum, should fix things right up for ya. Clones are the same as their Moms, even in the nutes they lack!

The clone is actually in flower with 1 month to go. Honestly i think it may be my city water. I am switching to ro water. I foliar sprayed yesterday with earthjuice microblast, wich has molybdenum, and a weak tiger bloom and big bloom mix (PH'ed at 6.5), and things are still on the decline, but at least the buds look good. Will be flushing it today as well.

Heres some pics of the clone.

009.JPG

010.JPG

011.JPG

Latest posts

Back