anyone know why????? pics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jack of all trades

Reaction score
Hi 2 of my new born girls might be getting into some thing they shouldnt ok 1 is brainstorm just 2 leafs r curling down is there a problem? other 1 is haze an 4 of the leafs r rolling into a taco shell is there a problem? i have 2 others going that r showing no signs of this there all under cfls well heres the pics well never mind the pics will not upload need to be resize an i have no idea how to do it

Picture 114.jpg

Picture 113.jpg

We need to know more, are you giving them nutes? How much, & so on. Dont give them any nutes till they are about 2 weeks old.:D

What type of soil are you using? I use Fox Farms Ocean Forest, and this time around when I planted my seedlings into it, the soil was a little too hot for them, and they had the exact same taco'd look that your second pic shows. Mine grew out of it after a while. It was recommended to me to use a few inches of Fox Farms Light Warrior Soil on top of the Ocean Forest because it is not as hot. Don't know what soil your using, but you can take a look at my current grow journal in my signature, and towards the beginning you will see pics of my seedlings doing the exact same thing.

im useing mg organic in the brown bag with alot of perlite the other 2 plants r showing no signs of this an r in same set up

jack of all trades said:
im useing mg organic in the brown bag with alot of perlite the other 2 plants r showing no signs of this an r in same set up

Can't tell ya for sure. For me, I had 2 strains out of 3 do it. I can't tell you why 2 had taco leafs, and 1 did not, but like I said, mine grew out of the habit after a little while and are great now. I wouldn't worry bout that one too much. The first pic of those leaves curling down, I'm not sure.

One of my plants had 2 "taco" leaves show up. They look like they are about the same age as yours. I added 1/8 teaspoon of 5-1-1 fish emulsion to a quart of water. It was after that when I noticed the change. I don't know if that's what caused it but none of my other plants have done it. It is still living and looks healthy, so nothing but water for them for a while.

yeah thats what im thinking i just read that leaf fringes that point up mean the leaf is trying to dissipate as much moisture as possible but is unable to this could be from salt build up or lack of water or heat stress

jack of all trades said:
yeah thats what im thinking i just read that leaf fringes that point up mean the leaf is trying to dissipate as much moisture as possible but is unable to this could be from salt build up or lack of water or heat stress

You been readin that same bible I got!

Ermm..bro, dont use bio heaven & bio grow 1st's weeks.

Start with bio roots and after 3 weeks give them a half ml of both heaven and grow !!

~IMO~
~PJ~

jack of all trades said:
sure do have the same bible guess we have the same religon lol but it dont answer every thing

I hear ya. "The King Jorge version". LOL. It is a pretty good guide though. I go with a combo of this site, that book, and personal experience. How are things working out for you? What did you do, and what have your results been so far?

i raised the light an inch an watered an stopped misting the haze with taco leafs is is getting better the brainstorm is the same

Latest posts

Back