Are my plants too small so far?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gert McClert

Reaction score
:2940th_rasta: Hey everyone my name is Garrett and I started growing about 2 weeks ago for the first time. I can't get pics on here cuz I don't know how but I will describe my situation. I think my plants are a bit small compared to some people's but maybe it's just the strain I have. I have a 100 watt light bulb about 6-12 inches from all the plants and it seems pretty bright (at least as bright as the sun would be) but one dude I saw has a huge plant after like, 10 days I think and he is using some crazy wattage like 1500. Anyway, I love weed, golf, girls, music, and other ****. Someone reply if you have any suggestions. In case you can't tell, the biggest of the plants are just growing their third set of leaves now and the biggest leaves are only about two inches in diameter. And they're not lookin too thick-stemmed either. Is this normal? Thanks.

all depends on the strain, lighting, nutes, etc. i wouldnt worry about how big other peoples plants are because that really doesnt affect how big yours will be because you most likely dont have to same strain that they do. what kind of seeds do you have? is that light bulb a flouresent? what kinda soil and nutes are you using? any pics?

If its a plain 100 watt light bulb its not going to grow plants. At least get a floresent light. slim

Gert McClert said:
:2940th_rasta: Hey everyone my name is Garrett and I started growing about 2 weeks ago for the first time. I can't get pics on here cuz I don't know how but I will describe my situation. I think my plants are a bit small compared to some people's but maybe it's just the strain I have. I have a 100 watt light bulb about 6-12 inches from all the plants and it seems pretty bright (at least as bright as the sun would be) but one dude I saw has a huge plant after like, 10 days I think and he is using some crazy wattage like 1500. Anyway, I love weed, golf, girls, music, and other ****. Someone reply if you have any suggestions. In case you can't tell, the biggest of the plants are just growing their third set of leaves now and the biggest leaves are only about two inches in diameter. And they're not lookin too thick-stemmed either. Is this normal? Thanks.

Hey Gert, welcome to MP...I'm also a golfer. You aren't going to be able to get any good results using a regular incandesent light bulb. They are too hot and don't give out good light. You have to use either flourescent lights or High Intensity Discharge (HID) lights. In order to grow MJ you need ALOT of light. What is happening is your seeds are sprouting and they are searching for light and doing what's called stretching. The plant is literally putting all of it's energy into stretching for light and will die off soon without new lights. Read up in the lighting section of the forum and you will get all kinds of ideas. Good luck to you buddy.

Hey guys thanks for taking the time to respond. I invested in a 500-watt utility light which I will now be shining on my plants. The only thing now is, are my plants too far along to make this switch and still have a successful grow, someof them are going on six inches. I hope the 500 watt is enough because I don't have the resources to wire anything and I couldn't find anything cheap with a plug higher than 500W. I never realized how bright the sun must be in order to do this outside.

I have a thread somewhere else with a site with pics but I'll just find it and put it here too, criticize all you want!

EDIT outside link

Just click on the album called shiz. It's the only album.

:afroweed:

Hey everyone I set up the halogen and I have new pics. Someone said that halogen is like, not the right type of light for weed, is that true? What is a cheap and adequate and hard-wiring free alternative if yes.

G:2940th_rasta:

Yes that is true. The halogen light isn't the right type for growing MJ. It doesn't sound like you read my long *** post on the proper lighting in your other thread. Or visited that very useful link I put in there too. You should probably go back and do that and also start researching about everything else.

laser kitten your screename is so funny lol PEWWW PEWWWWW lol just hadda throw that into the hat : ) PEWWWWWW

HydrO PasSiOn said:
i wouldnt worry about how big other peoples plants are because that really doesnt affect how big yours will be...

HydrO...don't you EVER talk to Mrs. Nelson...she saw a picture of John Holmes naked [w/o pants] once, and laughed at HIM! Thank goodness she NEVER laughs @ me...
:bugger:

Nelson

Nelson Mutz said:
HydrO...don't you EVER talk to Mrs. Nelson...she saw a picture of John Holmes naked [w/o pants] once, and laughed at HIM! Thank goodness she NEVER laughs @ me...
:bugger:

Nelson

whooaaa lol sorry tuff guy :bugger:

"I have a 100 watt light bulb about 6-12 inches from all the plants and it seems pretty bright (at least as bright as the sun would be)",,,,,,PRICELESS,,, ,,,,,peace,love,rastafari

Latest posts

Back