argh creepy crawlies...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

popart

Reaction score
I was checking trichs this evening, and happened to put the loupe on a big fan leaf, lo and behold there was a BUG. Can't see it with the naked eye, but they are little, bitty, teensy, weensy white bugs. I sprayed, hated to do it with all the nice buds, but I did it (used organic stuff). Any ideas what this is? should I worry? Are they aphids? they seem too small. Or am I just getting creeped out too easy?

Is it the Borg?

spider mite.jpg

spidmite1.jpg

spidmit2a.jpg

they are so small I can't count their legs. It seems the pyola I sprayed worked, but they are in my vegging room (2nd story) and in my grow tent (basement) - what should I do?

oh my, the dreaded spider mite pictures give me creepy crawlies just looking at them in such a LARGE form. They do look huge under the hand held microscope too, I cant count the times I have jerked my head away from the scope when one waved at me. Give all indoor growers nightmares..... and Give this outdoor grower nightmares too. I try not to think of their dead bodies as I toke up my MJ. I wonder if we are getting some protein if we are eating the MJ they are on?

pop, spray every three days, alternate sprays (different types). Look up pests here, the white looking ones are just immature versions of the larger red ones. They are also born pregnant, that is why the spray every three days.

Good luck to you.

when you sprayed did ya see webs at all? and on that big fan leaf do ya see white dots on the face side? If you answered yes to both of those questions...Im sorry to inform you you have the Mites....I hates those boogers:hitchair: Good luck to you..take care and be safe

sounds like you have spider mites..easy to get rid of . just need a water bottle and some drinking water or distilled and fill spray bottle 90 percent full and add 10% 70% grade rubbing alcohol to the water and shake bottle and spray under the fan leaves and all through out the plant. All organic way of killing spider mites. once the water evaporates the alcohol drys the mites out. just spray the plant again a few days later with plain old drinking/distilled water....take care and good luck Dr G

DRGREENTHUMB951 said:
sounds like you have spider mites..easy to get rid of . just need a water bottle and some drinking water or distilled and fill spray bottle 90 percent full and add 10% 70% grade rubbing alcohol to the water and shake bottle and spray under the fan leaves and all through out the plant. All organic way of killing spider mites. once the water evaporates the alcohol drys the mites out. just spray the plant again a few days later with plain old drinking/distilled water....take care and good luck Dr G

Sorry, but I have to disagree--spider mites are quite hard to eradicate. It generally takes several different kinds of treatments administered every 3 days or so over a number of weeks. You need to switch up treatments because they develope immunity to treatments fairly fast.

If you had something you eradicated easily with one or 2 treatments, I would be willing to bet that you did not have spider mites.

thats right Hemp. and i will add, it's not a sin to get 'em, only to not try to get rid of 'em. ( kinda the same as cockroaches )...

thanks so much guys. This really helps. And, ew, those pictures are pretty disgusting -- can't seem to shake the feeling that something's in my hair..... :)

BTW - how do these things get started? I'm in the process of switching over from soil to hydro. I have one plant in soil. Is that what did it?

Usually they come into the garden on an infected plant pop. They like the heat under the lights and well....they are born pregnant and multiply like crazy fast. They can even come into the grow room on you, if you have contact from an infected plant. Roses get them and so do tomato plants. Under the leaf they will suck the juices from the plant, leaving a white/yellow speck that can be seen from the top of the leaf. The eggs will be in clusters under the leaf too.

Goddess is correct that you must treat every three days, and switch the insect killer spray.

Irish says it isnt a sin to get them, but I am ashamed when I get them. I hate admiting I had/have them.......Im smokin them now. Sweet Revenge.

I've said it before... I use a strong Garlic water solution spray for mites and other things and I never have no problems! Spray the tops and bottoms of the leaves. 4 cloves fillet to 1 spray bottle of water boiled good. 1 x per week. It does not affect the taste of the end product either... and it is as organic as the garlic you are using...

tcbud said:
oh my, the dreaded spider mite pictures give me creepy crawlies just looking at them in such a LARGE form. They do look huge under the hand held microscope too, I cant count the times I have jerked my head away from the scope when one waved at me. Give all indoor growers nightmares..... and Give this outdoor grower nightmares too. I try not to think of their dead bodies as I toke up my MJ. I wonder if we are getting some protein if we are eating the MJ they are on?

pop, spray every three days, alternate sprays (different types). Look up pests here, the white looking ones are just immature versions of the larger red ones. They are also born pregnant, that is why the spray every three days.

Good luck to you.

I had to laugh when I read this. I just discovered mites on my plants today. I was using my microscope to see why I had little yellow dots on my leaves when one of the suckers walked by. I pulled my hand away real quick before I realized it's only the size of a tiny speck.:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back