1. Bud of the Month: Squish / No name plant
    Dismiss Notice

Auto-Flower basics guide

Discussion in 'Auto Flowering' started by time4tokin20s, Oct 2, 2008.

1. Jan 21, 2011 #141

coold513

coold513

coold513

so would a 400 watt hps be good from start to finish .... and can u put more than one seed in a pot if u use a huge pot say 5-6 gallons

2. Mar 9, 2011 #142

billywizz

billywizz

billywizz

hi times,can u help me pls,i have grown before under light cycle,i am now attempting to grow afgan kush ryder auto,i have a 4 pod fds and a 1000w light,i understand i can put my seeds into ajiffy p and leave them under fluesent light 4 too weeks with a weak food then transfer them under the main light.can you help me with the right food,tds levals,ph i understand 5.9-6.0 and anything else you can think off would be ideal as i want the best out of these little crakers,thanks bud hope to here from you:tokie:

3. Mar 19, 2011 #143

Gixxerman420

Gixxerman420

Gixxerman420

Broke-n-Tokin Tent Bonger

This is the very reason people are using smart pots; the fabric allows for root airiation and causes the root system to turn back towards the center. This affectively maximizes the use of your soil space, and results in larger plants from smaller containers!

4. Jul 8, 2011 #144

HomieDaGrower

HomieDaGrower

HomieDaGrower

Hillbilly Emeritus

The Breeder behind Flash Seedbank,
    is "Stitch". The same breeder who is behind "ShortStuff." He started Flash, which leans more toward the SuperAuto sativa strains. I have not grown any of the superautos, but I have grown both the "Snowryder" and the "Himalaya Blue Diesel", with great results. I am looking forward to trying his superautos outdoors next season.
    HomieHogleg

5. Jul 8, 2011 #145

Hamster Lewis

Hamster Lewis

Hamster Lewis

Furry Moderator Staff Member Admin Moderator

Stitch just joined MP.......although it cld be anybody calling themselves Stitch.
    We shall see if it is him or an imposter...

6. Oct 21, 2011 #146

Bud_Haze

Bud_Haze

Bud_Haze

yes sir:icon_smile:

7. Jan 18, 2012 #147

risktaker27

risktaker27

risktaker27

midnight toker

imo yes a 400 watt hps would work well depending on how maney plants you plan on growing of course and i would not see a problem putting 1 2 or 3 lowryder plants in a 5 or 6 gallon thats the great thing with this they dont get big and bushy they are small and compact so good luck

8. Jan 18, 2012 #148

bubba902

bubba902

bubba902

I run a 400w hps. Its enough light for a 3x3

9. Jan 18, 2012 #149

PuffinNugs

PuffinNugs

PuffinNugs

♪♫♪

i couldnt do anything less than a 600watt in a 3x3. when i first started indoors i had a 400watt in about that size and theres a huge differnce in bud density when i upgraded.

10. Jan 18, 2012 #150

The Hemp Goddess

The Hemp Goddess

The Hemp Goddess

Granny Mod Staff Member Admin

The number of plants has nothing to do with lighting needs. Lighting is figured by lumens per sq ft. You need 3000 lumens per sq ft for vegging and 5000 for flowering. You need this much light regardless of how many plants you are growing.

I would not put multiple plants in a single pot. Each plant should have its own pot.

I would also recommend a 600W.

11. Jan 20, 2012 #151

PuffinNugs

PuffinNugs

PuffinNugs

♪♫♪

while that is true for most strains, i have some autos going now that are called Poison Dwarf from G13. they only grow about 6-10 inches tall (fully flowered), so that strain is perfect for putting 2 in the same bucket. grew 3 so far and noticed how small the strain was, so now i have 4 in 2, 2 gallon buckets. saves soil and space ;)

but this is out of the norm, and you want to stay away from multiple plants in one container.

12. May 13, 2014 #152

TrollMaster5000

TrollMaster5000

TrollMaster5000

no offense meant to anyone but this sticky is very out of date

on the feeding schedule

its very simple
    veg nutes until vertical stretch has stopped then switch to bloom

figured id add this
    to show the yield difference between now and then 45-96 grams then
    and this is the plant grown by Seymour buds that now holds the record it was topped and grown in dwc under led's

http://www.dutch-passion.nl/en/news...est-from-single-plant-here-is-the-grow-diary/

13. Jun 16, 2014 #153

hippy59

hippy59

hippy59

I grow the vast and fast auto and get 4 ounces per plant regularly.

14. Nov 1, 2015 #154

Bongofury

Bongofury

Bongofury

Need a light?

I read 6 pages of the auto sticky and didn't find the answer to my questions.

Can you fim and LST an auto plant? I have a few freeby auto's I would like to start soon.

15. Nov 2, 2015 #155

Kraven

Kraven

Kraven

No put it under 18/6 and just let her rip, I grew one out in my veg area while veg'ing along side of it, it was a freebee and it became a monster, i got 3 wholes off her and she got 3 feet high. it was nice to just let it grow, if you try to fem or lst your wasting harvest weight since your battling time not a photo period. mine lived from germ to death 81 days.

16. Nov 3, 2015 #156

sMACkaddict

sMACkaddict

sMACkaddict

Señor Member

dude, I want to do this in my veg area... I was asking around about this before, can you do it with veg bulbs (6500k or whatever) or do you need flower bulbs?

17. Nov 3, 2015 #157

yarddog

yarddog

yarddog

I'm flowering one with a 4k led. Aside from affects from hot soil, its doing fine. I'm sure a lower Kelvin would do much better, but people grow with higher K.

18. Jan 15, 2016 #158

Cow

Cow

Cow

I have a question. Can you grow a auto flowering plant with a regular strain. You don't have to change the lighting because of time it take between growth of the plants.

19. Jan 16, 2016 #159

Cow

Cow

Cow

Can you grow an auto flowering plant with a regular strain at the same time. It's seams plausible because you don't have to change the light schedule with a a auto flowering plant?

20. Jan 17, 2016 #160

Hushpuppy

Hushpuppy

Hushpuppy

Dr MadBud Staff Member Admin

Sorry to not answer sooner Cow. I wouldn't grow the two together because of the nature of the way they grow. The photo flower plants get their signal for flowering from the dark period and need a given amount of darkness to keep the flowering hormones balanced. But the auto flowering plants don't depend as much on that trigger. However, because the autoflowering plants don't have as long to live and produce their flowers, they need more light energy to help them produce at their max capability. If you put them with the photo flowers, the autos will suffer for the loss of light energy and will produce very poorly.

I have found what seems to be the best method (at least with all of the autos that I've grown) is to keep the autos under 24hrs of light and feed them as hard as they can handle to get them to grow faster and bigger. Then when they reach sexual maturity, they may begin flowering automatically or you may have to switch the light schedule some. What I do is set my light timer so that there is a 4hr dark period. But I break up the dark period so that it is off for an hour and on for an hour, off 1hr, on 1hr until they have had the 4hrs of dark. this method has produced some very nice buds from my autos that I have grown. I can't swear that this method will work for every auto but I have used it on several different autos so far and it does very well. :)