Awesome Veg lights right down the road

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

time4tokin20s

Reaction score
I finally found a link to the 2' grow tubes like they have at Wal-mart for $10.They are ready to go out of the box.Just place and plug in.They use 17 watts of energy but equivalent to 75 watts.The bulbs are 7500k if I remember right.Here's the link---> http://www.esplighting.com/7020gl.html.

Here's a pic where you can see them in action.There are 5 in this box on the right.

Pic 467.jpg

Light Output: 1,093 lumens
Sale price: $11.90

yup, for about $50 you can light about "1 sq ft"... and since flourescents are particularly weak near both ends, that is about what 5 of them crowded close together 'would' cover

Hick said:
yup, for about $50 you can light about "1 sq ft"... and since flourescents are particularly weak near both ends, that is about what 5 of them crowded close together 'would' cover

Mine cover 2 sq ft very nicely.I can veg up to 8 plants with my 5.Did you have anything better for $10 and can be picked up virtually everywhere in America?Remember not everyone has grow stores near by and not everyone has huge grows.These are better then cfl's because they have 7500k bulbs in them and cheaper by the time you buy ballasts for cfls.

"most" cfls are "self ballasted".. I "think" that virtually ALL of the lower wattage cfl's are.
5 of those will "cover" 2 sq ft, but it doesn't "light" 2 sq ft to the recommendations.

40 Watt - CFL - Compact Fluorescent - Spring Lamp - Full Spectrum 5000K - Energy Miser # FE-IS-40W-50K
2650 L.. and 5000K
$9.52 ea.
not quite as cool blue, but 'twice' as many L..;)

Hick said:
"most" cfls are "self ballasted".. I "think" that virtually ALL of the lower wattage cfl's are.
5 of those will "cover" 2 sq ft, but it doesn't "light" 2 sq ft to the recommendations.

not quite as cool blue, but 'twice' as many L..;)

lol,I meant sockets.A painters light w/ reflector is like $8-10 without the $10 light.So for the same amont you can but 2 of these.Plus that extra blue spectrum should make up for a lot of those lost lumens and you won't be wasting energy on spectrums you don't need with the 5000k.

I have to remind yall the different of warm lights and cool day light of cfls..

pay attention to the true color... IMO I LIke that color of that sticks..

wal mart you said? I checked the wal mart site for my local stock.. the wal mart said could not found? only a light I can find that could work but its LED I have to wait and see for leds..hxxp://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=9907040

papabeach1 said:
I have to remind yall the different of warm lights and cool day light of cfls..

pay attention to the true color... IMO I LIke that color of that sticks..

wal mart you said? I checked the wal mart site for my local stock.. the wal mart said could not found? only a light I can find that could work but its LED I have to wait and see for leds..hxxp://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=9907040

They don't show up on walmart online.You just have to go to the store and look with the fluorescent tubes.They've been in every Walmart I've been to.

Latest posts

Back