Baby leaf tips turning color?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikeyfits

Reaction score
Hi. I have read that a seedling first develops baby leaves before it grows it's first real leaves. When the real ones start growing in what happens to the baby ones, are they supposed to wither? The new leaves don't have any discoloration and seem ok but the baby ones tips are turning yellow/white and seem to be withering. is this normal? Although the new leaves don't seem discolored at all they are a little bit curled. They are getting plenty of water and light and don't appear dried out at all, and seem healthy except that some have curling leaves. Please help.

There only purpose in life is to get the plant started. After it starts the new leaves take the job over. ALL mine wither and die off.

Can you tell us about your grow and post some pics? new leaves should not be curling.

Great news! Thanks for giving me a sigh of relief. Now what about the curling leaves. Further reading has given me the idea that this is the result of over fertilization. If that is the case what is the best course of action to take to remedy the situation? Again thanks, it is nice to have a resource like this forum available.

Pictures would be a valuable tool in diagnosing a plant.
If you are ferting this early its WAY too early...I don't start ferts until about 2-3 week then its only 1/4 strength.

Latest posts

Back