Back in the saddle again

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes very much true.i usually always make sure to have the space for a 6 week or better veg.6 weeks has always seemed the sweet spot for me.enough time to get to 10 to 16 tops and good root development.i love my 7 gallon fabric pots.they end up with like 6 gallon medium and an inch of hydroton pebbles across the medium.this will be the first movable split scrog I've ever built of grew on.im excited about it.ivd been here done this but it's always like it's Christmas day and brand new.especially harvest day.i will be happy to get 2and a half zips a girl but I focus on quality is always my objective.

I’ve looking garden. Can’t wait to see them all grown up!

Ok ladies and gentlemen.we are at day 39 veg.supercropped and lsted em last night.gonna set the scrog down on them tomorrow.ill let them veg another 3 days then flip to flower.everything has went swell no issues here.will do another good sanitizing in room along with a good defoliation in next couple days.remember preventitive maitanance is omnipotent my peeps.
Later for now.and a good day to all.
IMG_20200503_071705.jpg
IMG_20200503_071123.jpg
IMG_20200503_071011.jpg
IMG_20200503_071705.jpg
IMG_20200503_071039.jpg
IMG_20200503_071011.jpg
IMG_20200503_071705.jpg

Day 42 veg.girls are happy and healthy.i am very happy with the results of 6 weeks veg.i just defoliated and applied Monmouth pest management to them.they have really took well to the lst . defoliateing , topping and super cropping.probably 20 tops per and not even in screen yet.ive got to cut some cuttings from each tommarow before placing scrog over them .there is about 68 scrog netting holes per 4x4 ft screen.my main objective when filling a scrog is to always have a foot to 16 inches above soil so i I've got plenty of access to grow pots for watering and to keep under scrog cleaned of undergrowth and also more importantly so I can have a fan running so no mildews can colonize.i always try to think in advance and take preemptive measures to insure I don't run into any problems that may occur .in my experience the number one killer to quality and or yeild is laziness.so let's get involved in our garden.lets give the girls whom give us so much the respect and love they deserve.thanks to all y'all for the compliments and conversation happy growing to you all.
Current state of garden and girls.
IMG_20200506_130029.jpg
IMG_20200506_125908.jpg
IMG_20200506_130024.jpg
IMG_20200506_125945.jpg

Nice man! I enjoyed reading this and following your progress. I have 6 in my grow room right now. Keep us updated!

Ok ladies and gentlemen here we are...
Day 2 flower.
They are doing great.no issues with the girls.will feed them heavy tonight upon lights kicking on.ive allowed a good dry ,not to dry but an extra couple days beyond the time I'd usually water just to get them to push there roots out more.they are all roughly 1 and a half foot in width and height.canopy level will be set at roughly 16 inches above growing medium level.ive allowed for canopy the room to stretch 6 to 12 inches above scrog netting and still have 16 inches of buffering space between the lights and girls.the blue dream has already shown her growth difference from the of and gsc.she is longer much less leafier and her leafs as expected are a lil longer and slimmer than both her roommates.the gsc and og really look and exhibit much of the same growth rate and structure so far.the girls are treating me great, for the next 6 weeks it will be watering every other day or three and feeding them what they will consume.usually every other watering I'll fert them along with some cal,-mag.but if I feel they can intake some more I'll give them some extra at the 3rd of the regular strength I usually give them.watch them and lusten. They will always tell you, I promise it,s called sign language they will exhibit the said deficiency thru abnormal growth.all I'm saying is don't cheat them or yourself.get in there and get involved.talk to them and build that relationship and they will reward you for love.
Again feel free to ask questions I'll answer to my best ability.happy growing to all yall.

I have a question. I read that you put those pebbles on top of your soil. What does that do? Is it like Using Mulch?
Very nice looking girls and great job.

The clay pebbles hydroton pebbles are great mainly because they ward off pest infestation of the topsoil.and second and also important they also gaurd your topsoil from water ruts and root exposure.they are great I recommend them for soil,soilless and dwc growing.they are great.thanks for the compliments and questions.

Sorry for a few miss spelled words ladies and gents.my finger tips are to wide.happy growing to all.

Here is a question ladies and gentlemen...
As you know there is 6 girls under each 4x4 scrog.i have roughly 18 to 24 tops per girl already level.so I do have anuff scrog holes to accommodate 20 colas per girl.so the question is at the end of week two when I go to do my final hard clean lollipop and defoliation.Do I just go with 20 colas per and allow the girls to focus there energy on 20 or do I let em push and double a few scrog holes up.
Opinions and advice welcome.this is a way I can get positive feedback and be able to draw from all I read to allow me to reach a better decision.that is why this forum is so great.if used and applied correctly we can all learn from each other and grow in our knowledge of cannabis.

I am not a scrogger but i wouldn't stuff multiple tops in a hole because it will mess with air flow and therefore permit mold to take hold. Even in my non scrog garden I try not to have tops bumping together.
I think you will do juuuuust fine with those monsters... don't push past the limit!

Yes I was really thinking the same about the spacing.these scrog holes are decent size but I know we won't truly know what the best thing to do is until the end of week two flower most of her stretch and growth will paint me the picture I need to make the best possible decision at that time.this is also one of the many things I love about growing.the thought process and brain storming and day dreaming .the possibilities.
Thanks for the advice stinkyattic.

Hey there ladies and gentlemen,
Well I've been busy lately but I got a up date.
Day-10 flower.i am very happy with the lot of em.the day before yesterday I defoliated and watered.tonight I spaced em,placing each node sight into its own secure scrog support hole.i absolutely love a scrog ,it's a thing of beauty when you nail it and fill every hole and have just the right amount of growing space for each cola .for me this takes alot of attention ,action and envisioning.so I also treated the girls for pesst protection.drop any questions or comments,all is welcome.happy growing y'all.
IMG_20200518_2225420.jpg
IMG_20200518_2225420.jpg
IMG_20200518_2225331.jpg
IMG_20200518_2225282.jpg
IMG_20200518_2225392.jpg

Here we are at day 14 flower.all of the girls are doing great.95 prct of the top node sites are either just in there scrog holes or have surpassed hole by 3-6 inches.i am a lil ocd when it comes to all aspects of growing.well honestly I'm like that with anything I take on.why bother with something if you're not going to give it your all?.I've been feeding them a tbl spoon over recommended dosage and they are loving it.still only ff trio and some calmag.i will be adding some molasses next couple weeks.they are drinking about 1 gallon of water every other day literally now well since a couple days into flower.ok ladies and gentlemen ,thx a bunch for the compliments, advice and love y'all please drop a like if you like the content . happy growing to all y'all.
IMG_20200523_065403.jpg
IMG_20200523_065403.jpg
IMG_20200523_065403.jpg

Hello my peeps.day 17 flower here for my girls.they are all doing pretty well .bud sites are stacking in node structure and trichomes are already starting to coat the flowers!!!.as always, keeping it simple running ff trio some added calmag and now starting lights on I'll be adding some molasses,unsulpherd ,to there diet.the blue d. Has averagely stretched 4,6 inches above scrog so far.the of and gsc an average of a couple inches behind.i also super cropped and done a lil more defoliateing.i am really trying to get theses girls to there full potential.dial,dial,tweek,study, analyze,adjust, document ,record yeah all of this.all of this is part of learning to be the best cannabis cultivator you can possibly be.so if you got some girls growing get in there and get involved!.post something,teach something, learn something my peeps.well happy growing to all and don't forget to drop questions and comments for me,it helps us all.

Latest posts

Back