Back to where I was 5 years ago: Aurora failure

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leafminer

Bloody H E L L !
Reaction score
The ten Aurora seeds (yes, from Nirvana :rolleyes:) were rubbish. Germinated 6, (four failed), they came up, sat around for a while as cotlydons, then wilted and failed. This is exactly what happened when I first ordered this strain from Nirvana 5 years ago.
It seems they are still as useless now as they were then.

Thats really unfortunate, i have always wanted to try Aurora Indica, have you read anything about them being hard to germ/grow?

I grew some AI several years ago--Nirvana, too. Although I did get a couple of them through flowering, I was disappointed with the plants all the way around. I still have some seeds that I do not know if I ever will germ. They were such a disappointment.

It's stuff like this that will keep me from ordering from Nirvana....sorry to hear that leaf.

Sorry that happened to you twice..Now we all know and it won't happen to us, so thanks.

Didnt you have problems with other Nirvana strains?

Nirvana:hitchair:

sorry to read that had happen to you leafminer...:48:

Several months ago, I purchased some Williams Wonder from Reeferman via Attitude. 0 of 10 popped. Doubt that it was technique, as all 10 of Agent Orange are presently doing quite well. Purchased in the same order, I should add.

prefersativa said:
Several months ago, I purchased some Williams Wonder from Reeferman via Attitude. 0 of 10 popped. Doubt that it was technique, as all 10 of Agent Orange are presently doing quite well. Purchased in the same order, I should add.

Good point bro....I think most of it is on the breeder not the Seed bank. Only problem is I believe Nirvana breeds their own strains and doesn't use individual breeders....So it falls on them in my opinion. It's one of the reasons I don't like that other place I first used..AMS I believe. They Breed their own strains also and from what I hve heard and observed from my grow they are substandard genetics. jmo

All Nirvana does is make noobs discouraged. They were all I used when I first started growing and almost gave it up until I went somewhere else to get my seeds and never turned back.

Good seeds will give you good results!

IMG_0458 (1024x683).jpg

IMG_0461 (683x1024).jpg

I have grown Nirvana's AI. No problem germinating or growing to maturity but they were rubbish. Some taste and zero buzz and I mean zero. You could have smoked a 1/4lb and it would do nothing, looked great but that is it.

Pcduck--I'm glad to know it wasn't just me. It was touted as their strongest Indica, but didn't do much for me either.

hey leaf.. sorry to hear bout your crappy AI experience..
or should i say on going trend..
i will say i did order AI and papaya bout 3-4 yrs ago from Nirvanas..
and i had great luck with em...i was actually tossing up the idea to pop a few more beans...

i found em easy to pop n easy to grow all the way threw.. and the nugs were packed with THC..
me and the folks who smoked it found it to be great smoke.. always something better out there but i was happy...lol...
now the papaya on the other hand i have only done once and the AI took over the grow room at that time so the papaya turned out kinda shetty..

but i do have to say my beans werent normal beans they were magic beans lol... traded in me cow for em.. ahahahahahahahahaha
no but serious they were fem'ed...

take care leaf..
LH

maineharvest said:
Didnt you have problems with other Nirvana strains?
It's been the same all along.
Originally - this was when I first joined MP - I ordered some Aurora and the same thing happened. It's as if the seed just about manages to germ but then doesn't root itself and just sits around for a few days and then dies.
I complained and they replaced them. Those grew fine and the smoke was great. So I assume they sent me old weak seeds the first order. :ignore:
Later I tried their Blue Mystic and grew some massive colas that had zero - I mean this - zero thc. Well sticky, but no effect at all.
I really wanted some more Aurora because I like it a lot, but I should have learned my lesson. I'll look for some nice pure indica somewhere ... any recommendations at a reasonable price?
Meanwhile I will plant some of the hybrid cheese/AK48 seed. :icon_smile:

pcduck said:
I have grown Nirvana's AI. No problem germinating or growing to maturity but they were rubbish. Some taste and zero buzz and I mean zero. You could have smoked a 1/4lb and it would do nothing, looked great but that is it.
Duck, that goes to reinforce my opinion that Nirvana are selling F2s. The phenos are all over the place. Prob'ly what happened to your Aurora grow was similar to my Blue Mystic disaster. Looks for sure as if Nirvana have a "zero thc" strain lurking in there. Maybe someone sabotaged them, introduced some hemp rope pollen!

thats it gonna pop my last AI bean and see what happens ...
hold on ladies n gents for another AI grow...
LH

Okay, I'll go look and see if I have any AI beans left and give them another go if I do.

Leafminer, while this is not pure Indica, I decided to give this a go as I am quite a fan of Mandala genetics. I am doing my first run of Point of No Return--a Mandala strain: "Predominantly knockout medical-grade indica stone; couch lock; body relaxation. Deep and long lasting medical effects; suitable for pain relief, reducing MS related spasms, hyperactivity & nervousness, anxiety, stress related symptoms, sleep disorders, menstrual cramps, muscle relaxant."

Yo Miner it seems to be hit or miss with Nirvana and I have heard that most are F1s not F2s but I could be wrong. I seriously have grown about 15 of their strains and they were all dank. Here and there I would get a bad pheno but thats about it. Look at some of Bomb Bud Puffers grows and you will see some great bud. Check out this link to a thread just for Nirvana bud pics.
hxxp://www.mjp.com/ic/showthread.php?t=66561

I know this is an old thread, but I came across it and looking at my AI seedlings and thinking I am losing them already. Very stringy so I put more light over them and of course the fan. One is very stringy and just fell over. Only 5 out of 6 seeds germinated and one never came up when I planted it. That leaves 3 out of 6 seeds alive. Started 4 more seeds. I thought maybe the seeds were getting stale because I have had them for a year.

Okay, I took my remaining AI seeds and used them for my first organic grow, figuring that if I killed them it was no big loss. I had 2 germinate and they have just been flipped to 12/12. I am going to do a sex check later today or in the morning and I will snap some pics of them. I ordered some Master Kush from them a couple of days ago that I am going to give a run. My ex grew that exclusively and I just got a hankerin' for some.

Latest posts

Back