Bad Bulb?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD466US

Reaction score
I am having a problem with my 600w hps set up and am trying to figure out the problem. The light will kick on but the bulb just glows a dull orange and does not brighten up. The ballast I bought on ebay as well as the bulb. The ballast is used ( Hydrotek assembled in 06') and the bulb is new from one of the Hydroshops that sell on ebay.I have only had it up and running for about a month on 12/12 and was working fine until a couple of days ago. I was lucky enough to have still have my 400w hps set up ( I was going to sell it! Don't think so now!) I was wondering if someone has seen this problem and could tell what it could be. If its the bulb that would be great but I suspect that it maybe the ballast.If it is the ballast then I will finish this grow with the 400w and then visit the local hydro shop and buy a new 600w ballast unless the Hydrotek ballast can be fixed at a reasonable cost if that is the problem.

Peace,
JD

sorry,not sure.if you had a spare bulb to check and see.mh or hps.it should do the same whether its hps or mh.try that good luck if its the ballast

Latest posts

Back