Bagseed 100% Organic Grow!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newgreenthumb

Da Bagseedologist!
Reaction score
Hey all, I decided to go with a 100% micro-organism grow with three from bagseed. They soil consists of regular potting soil, sterilized, with earthworm castings 1-0-0, Fox Farm POM and Mycorrizhae fungi mixed. I will be using livings teas. They just sprouted on 2/9/07 using Jiffy Peat Pellets. Here are a couple pics. They are stretching but when they get transplanted I will leave 1 inch of stem exposed. Wish me luck!

Grow Pics 067.jpg

Grow Pics 068.jpg

Whats going on NGT. Everything looks and sounds great my friend. Here is some GREEN MOJO for the babies. Good luck on the grow we will be watching. :aok:

GreenMojo.JPG

Thanks TBG for following my grows. Maybe one day Hick will take a look at my grows. When you guys comment it is an honor. :D

I'll slide in with a doobie and grab that chair over there if you don't mind.:ccc:

Nice can't wait to see your plan of attack on this one :guitar:

Working on my first tea for this grow I will be using something different fro what I tried before. 2 tablespoons FF POM guano w/mycorrizhae 0-4-0, 4 tablespoons earthworm castings 1-0-0, 1/8 cup urine and 2 tablespoons blackstrap molasses. Will be adding more ingredients soon. Bubbling with an air line and aquarium pump.

newgreenthumb said:
Working on my first tea for this grow I will be using something different fro what I tried before. 2 tablespoons FF POM guano w/mycorrizhae 0-4-0, 4 tablespoons earthworm castings 1-0-0, 1/8 cup urine and 2 tablespoons blackstrap molasses. Will be adding more ingredients soon. Bubbling with an air line and aquarium pump.

Nice tea bro'! I like it.:aok:

Fa Sho! And thats ph 6.0 tap water with the chlorine removed by letting it set in an open container for 24 hours. Matter of fact that is the only water I use in all my grows. By the way the lighting set up is only temporary as they will be placed in veg box after the other 3(pic#1) are placed in the flowering box(pic#2).

Grow Pics 063.jpg

Grow Pics 042.jpg

what type of light are u using and how old are those beautiful plants ??

The pic dated 2/8/07 shows them at 49 days veg. Right now these three are under (1) 26w cfl w/1700 lumens, daylight (6500k) . Within a day or so they will be under (6) 26w cfl's with the same spectrum for a total of 4080 lumens per sq/ft. The veg box is approx. 2.5 sq/ft with an inside height of 38 inches. Here is a link for the box I made. http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6981 :farm:

Here they are at day 5 since sprouting. Kinda of taking it easy and getting adjusted to the pots. They have received a 1/4 dose of the tea that has some new additions to it like blood meal, corn gluten, feather, bone, cocoa kelp, sunflower and crab meal and another tbsp of molasses. The extra ingredients come from "Plant-tone" All Natural & Organic plant food from "Espoma". Just one pic but I figured that they are to young to give some real interesting pics.;)

Grow Pics 071.jpg

Well this is the only one left from my attempt at 100% organic grow. It seems to be growing real slow. Could this be from bad genetics? I look at other grows and they are alot further along by this point. All the bagseeds that I grow seem to grow slower than those who have good seeds and under the same if not worse conditions than mine. Even the 4 in DWC I have growing although these are older than day 12. Pic#1=Soil Organic, Pics#2 and 3 are of the DWC using "Technaflora" nutes with a ph of 5.5 to 6.5.

Grow Pics 082.jpg

Grow Pics 080.jpg

Grow Pics 081.jpg

hmm its a shame they died/grow slow... i was interested to see how a 100% organic would turn out as i've never really followed one before, hopefully you get something out of it!

any specific reason you're not using MH/HPS?

I use 400w HPS for flowering and CFL's for veg. This will not be the last organic grow because I am ordering some seeds from mandala seeds next week. Remember I still have one left. :D

:yay:Well I am beginning another 100% organic grow. Germed 24 with 22 sprouting, they are 2 weeks young and forming second set of leaves. They received (1) tsp of molasses per gallon of water today. I keep saying that it will be no more bagseed but I can't help it. The seeds were large and tiger-striped. This grow is completely organic no synthetic ferts at all. Once repotted I will begin feeding with living teas, thanks to "Eman" the "organic guru":D.

Soil Medium: Sphagnum Peat, Vermucilite, Potting soil (Hyponex Brand) and Perlite.
Organics Ferts: Espoma Plan-tone 5-3-3, Wiggle Worm Castings 1-0-0 mixed into soil prior to germination.
Lighting: (5) Cfls w/daylight spectrum in 2.5sq ft for seedling stage. Switching to 400w MH for veg and 400w HPS for flower.
Temp/RH: Lights on, 80F/40%. Lights off, 65-70F/30-40%
:farm:
Sorry my camera is acting up but here are some pics:

Grow Pics 092.jpg

Grow Pics 094.jpg

Grow Pics 095.jpg

Everything is looking great NGT. Why did you put so many plants in the same pot? You know that's a no no right?

Thanks TBG. By the way they are not in the same pot they are individual planting cells, they are just waiting to be transplanted. Trust me I don't want any stress on these this time around.

Sorry it has been tough getting the hang of this NGT, but I bet you got it figured out now.;) HID are really gonna help too, most all my mixes and stuff are pretty hot and will burn'em 2 months too soon under flouros....hehe. How much vertical room will you have now?

Mandala seeds huh? Hot genetics:D ...consider flowering them from seed.

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT said:
Everything is looking great NGT. Why did you put so many plants in the same pot? You know that's a no no right?

Shhhh...... Don't tell these girls that....:huh:

DCFC0009.JPG

Latest posts

Back