Barneys LSD, AK-48, Kandy KushXSkunk Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

erwinsweeney

Reaction score
Time for a new grow journal. I took a break for a while in order to upgrade equipment. In my previous grows I had used a 120 watt LED, and 250 watt CFL to flower. Everything turned out very good, however, the end product I found lacked density and weight. I have added another 2X4X5 grow tent, a switchable 400 watt HPS/MH digital cool tube setup, vortex blower, and 21" carbon filter. For veg tent I will use the 120 watt led panel. For flower I will use the 400 watt HPS cool tube. I am excited to finally have a veg and flower grow tent, and have a perpetual crop.

awesome. i was JUST looking at barney's LSD on dope seeds... i'm glad to see some pop up on MP. good luck, i'll be watching

3 days ago I sprouted -1- Barneys Farm LSD, -3- DNA Genetics Kandy Kush, and -2- AK-48 from Nirvana. All sprouted and were planted in FFOF in small containers. The LSD from Barneys is feminized, the others are not. I will be using Fox Farms Trio for this grow. Naturally the one I am most interested in is the Barneys LSD, and that was the slowest one to get going, but is doing great now.

DSC00175.JPG

DSC00176.JPG

DSC00177.JPG

Thanks for stopping by Chuck, any experiece or pointers along the way would be appreciated.

When the AK-48 and Kandy Kush show sex, the males will be culled, and all females will go into 2 1/2 gallon square pots with FFOF with a little extra perlite added. I don't plan to give any nutes for at least a month, my experience with FFOF has been that it has plenty for at least a month or more. After that it will be very light doses of Grow Big and Cal Mag +. My previous grows with AK-48, they go Cal Mag Def a lot, and I always waited till they showed signs until I added Cal Mag, this time I will try adding a small amount with each feeding, when the feeding schedule commences.

I checked on seedlings this morning and all are doing well. Second sets of leaves are now visible. Kandy KushXSkunk, all 3 of them have very broad afghan like like leaves. The ak-48 have broad indica like leaves, and the Barneys LSD have an indica appearance, but slightly thinner than the AK-48.

Since I now have a veg and flower tent (flower tent is empty), I will be receiving 2 white widow, 2 blue cheese, and 2 headband kush clones later this week. I intend to veg them for a week or two tops, then flower them. This will allow me to have something flowering very soon, while at the same time allowing the seedlings to veg for quite a while, and take clones from them in the process.

Well, I just checked them all out, and all are doing very well. The LSD was the slowest germinating and sprouting, but now at day 3 in soil, it is the biggest out of all 6. It stands at just over 3 inches, while the kandy kush X skunk are all right about 3 inches, and the ak-48's are just under 3 inches. All 6 are working on their second sets of leaves not including cotyldons. Not bad for 3rd day in soil. I am very happy with the results of using the LED panel for veg. I have vegged nicer plants with LED then compared to CFL, MH, or HPS. Very little heat, and very little energy consumption. I wish they worked as well in flower.

Checked all of them this morning, all are doing well. Soil was finally drying out from the original planting of the sprouted seeds into the FFOF, so I watered them with Brita filtered water, PH'd to 6.5 using Earth Juice Natural adjusters. Leaves are getting fat very quickly, and have a nice dark green color to them.

Took a few quick pics of the seedlings. Left is Barneys LSD, next is Kandy Kush X Skunk, next is AK-48, last is another AK-48 without LED light.

DSC00178.JPG

DSC00179.JPG

DSC00180.JPG

DSC00181.JPG

looking forward to seeing how your blue cheese does. Just got the beans

Thanks for stopping by drfting. Im excited too. Will post plenty of pics.

Just finished SnowWhite and have just purchased some BF fem LSD, I hope its gonna be killa. Should be if it won CC. :headbang:

Much Luck With yer grow, bud. I'm pullin up a beanbag chair!

P&L,

7greeneyes :D

Hey 7GE. Thank you for stoppin by. I have the same hopes for the BF LSD. I only had 1 fem seed of it, so I got my fingers crossed. It was the slowest for first couple days, but since has taken off, and looks really healthy. I just read through your journal, just wish you had a good cam, I want to see lots of pics of it! How many did you harvest and what was your yield? Our setups sound very similar, so I'm curious. TTYL.

I'm sorry bout the lack of pics but I'm not that hot for pics of my medicine cabinet...I'll try and get some nug pics if I can...very frosty and the most sweetest smeeling bud I've grown in 13 years. Not the strongest just the best smelling...

Alpha = 48g's dried

Brava = 35g's "

Delta = 51g's "

And from what I hear this was agood pull for utilizng a 400watt in FF dirt, nutes and molasses.

Peace

p.s. Qty now = under 3 ozer's :rofl:

WOW! Thats awesome. I was really curious because I've basically got the same thing going. 400 watt HPS, FF dirt, nutes. I also give a little shot of Humboldt Countys Own Purple Max and Gravity. The purple Max turned 2 of my AK-48's purple, and I had a White Widow go purple as well. Well thank you, now I know it is possible to achieve the kind of results I was hoping for!

erwinsweeney said:
WOW! Thats awesome. I was really curious because I've basically got the same thing going. 400 watt HPS, FF dirt, nutes. I also give a little shot of Humboldt Countys Own Purple Max and Gravity. The purple Max turned 2 of my AK-48's purple, and I had a White Widow go purple as well. Well thank you, now I know it is possible to achieve the kind of results I was hoping for!

But my results are from a known UNDERproducing strain, with yours it'll be better I'm sure. Specially anything with skunk hybridized into it. P.s. Don't forget molasses when doing you "water" waterings...lol.

Peace and Buddage -

p.s. My Alpha SnowWhite pheno purpled up somewhere after the 8-9 wk period naturally. Delta has a pruplish hue to its buds as well. I use no adulterants to force purpling. I believe that Nirvana's breeder uses some sort of purp mother to stabilize backcrossing...I dunno...buts its sweet i got some purps!

7greeneyes said:
But my results are from a known UNDERproducing strain, with yours it'll be better I'm sure. Specially anything with skunk hybridized into it. P.s. Don't forget molasses when doing you "water" waterings...lol.

Peace and Buddage -

p.s. My Alpha SnowWhite pheno purpled up somewhere after the 8-9 wk period naturally. Delta has a pruplish hue to its buds as well. I use no adulterants to force purpling. I believe that Nirvana's breeder uses some sort of purp mother to stabilize backcrossing...I dunno...buts its sweet i got some purps!

I like the way ya think, and I hope your right! Honestly I would be content and grateful to do as you have. I received my cool tube setup today via UPS, and the glass tube part was shattered. The vendor is sending me another one, and told me to keep the parts. So now I have an extra mogul socket, and an extra 400 HPS bulb. Im now considering if I can throw in my 250 watt monster cfl along with the cool tube somehow? Or if I should just go with the 400 HPS? My area is 2X4. ???:confused: :confused:

Update with a few pics. First is all of em. Next is Kandy Kush X Skunk. Next is AK-48. Last is BF LSD. These have been in soil for 6 days now.

DSC00184.JPG

DSC00185.JPG

DSC00186.JPG

DSC00187.JPG

what up buddy? im watchin your journal now. Hey, where you gettin those clones from? lol

hblebo said:
what up buddy? im watchin your journal now. Hey, where you gettin those clones from? lol

Hello friend. Nice to have you onboard here. Some guy that lives way out in the hills! He makes some pretty nice stuff. I gotta get in on some of it. LOL.

Latest posts

Back