Barneys LSD, AK-48, Kandy KushXSkunk Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
erwinsweeney said:
I like the way ya think, and I hope your right! Honestly I would be content and grateful to do as you have. I received my cool tube setup today via UPS, and the glass tube part was shattered. The vendor is sending me another one, and told me to keep the parts. So now I have an extra mogul socket, and an extra 400 HPS bulb. Im now considering if I can throw in my 250 watt monster cfl along with the cool tube somehow? Or if I should just go with the 400 HPS? My area is 2X4. ???:confused: :confused:

More lumens = More yield. ;)

Hello all. I started to get some leaves curling upwards on almost all plants. I calibrated my PH pen, and it was good. I tested runoff and it was at 6.5. So, this morning I redirected the fan to blow a little more into the foliage, and moved the light a little further away, and that seems to have made an immediate impact. The first two pics are the BF LSD, second two are one of Kandy Kush X Skunk. These two are the only two that still show any visible signs, the others went back to normal, and growth hasn't slowed on any as of yet.

DSC00188.JPG

DSC00189.JPG

DSC00190.JPG

DSC00191.JPG

I still had some leaf curling as of this morning. The growth rate has been very good on all of them, and the color looks very good. I decided to again test some runoff, and I believe I may have found my culprit. I ran a little bit of 6.5 water through each plant and the runoff PH was at 6.1-6.2. After finding that, I ran 1 liter of 6.8 water through each plant. After adding the 1 liter, I tested the runoff of each one, and all were 6.5 on the money. I haven't had problems like that previously with the FFOF. I have been able to water with 6.5 water, and my runoff was always 6.4-6.6. Guess I will have to keep a closer eye on it Hopefully it takes care of curlin, I believe that it will.

Plants are really growing fast. Will get some pics up later today. Still having some leaf curl on them, but its not affecting their growth rate, and their color is looking very good. I am starting to see less of it though. I am going to start LSTing them soon.

Haven't updated in a couple days with pics. All 6 were transplanted last night into 2.5 gallon square containers of FFOF. The leaf curling that was happening has completely subsided on the ak-48's. The Kandy Kush and LSD are still showing some signs, but seem to be much better. Growth is still vigorous. The LSD and two of the Kandy Kush plants got the pinch just above last fully formed internode. Those 3 have 5 complete sets of nodes, and are working on sixth, and stand about 5" tall. The ak-48's have 6 sets of nodes, working on 7th, and are just under 4" tall. I have grown the ak-48's before, and know they are very bushy and don't go too tall, but I'm keeping an eye on the LSD and Kandy Kush, givin em a pinch here and there.

DSC00201.JPG

DSC00202.JPG

DSC00203.JPG

Well since I don't have anything going in the flower tent right now, I switched all of them in there and put them under the 400 watt mh cool tube. I have the tube 15" from the tops of the plants. The temps in the foliage are between 76-79 degrees. The tube is cool enough that I can continuously hold my hand on it without any discomfort. Is that distance a good place to start? Should I start further away or closer?

All plants seem to have had a good response to being put under the 400 watt MH Cool Tube. None show any signs of heat stress or light burn. Also the initial leaf curling issue seems to have subsided. My cool tube is cool enough that I can continually keep my hand on it, it barely feels warm, and my temps in the tent are staying below 80 degrees, so I lowered the light level some. I now have it at about 7" away. I held my hand in the foliage, and it baaarreelly feels warm to hand at all. Growth seems to be taking off again, after transplant, and after move into HID light.

DSC00204.JPG

DSC00205.JPG

DSC00206.JPG

Hello all. All is good today. They are all growing at a rapid pace. I'm hoping that the non-fem plants will show sex soon, so that I can take some clones. I don't see anything yet. A few days ago, Subcool advised me next time that I plant seedlings in FFOF to add a few inches of Light Warrior, and this would help with the seedling leaf curling issues I was experiencing. I saw several other people experiencing this lately. If you are, try amending with the Light Warrior. The LSD, ak-48 have fully outgrown this. 1 of the Kandy Kush have fully outgrown it, and the other 2 are following closely behind, and should be over it in next couple days. The FFOF was a little hot for em I guess. When I transplanted them, the fan leaves that I got little pieces of soil on from my hands even made little burn spots. HOT STUFF!

Hello all. This evening I decided to top the tallest of all plants which is a DNA Kandy KushXSkunk. Gonna be a 2 headed beast I believe. To this point, I have not been able to determine sex on any yet, and am anxious to see so that I can start taking clones. I had the light to about 6 1/2" from canopy today, and it was a little too much for a couple of them, so I raised it about 2 1/2", now at about 9". Now I know about how close I can get.

Hello. The night before last, I took 2 clones rfom the Barneys LSD and put them in rapid rooters, and into the dome, and into the veg tent. I also received 5 Greenhouse white widow clones yesterday, put them in rapid rooters, and into dome, into veg tent. I used Olivias cloning gel on all of them. All look good as of this morning.

Also, 1 of the ak-48's, and 1 of the kandy kush/skunk are starting to show sex. I cannot yet determine male or female. I looked with a 5X mag glass, and looked with 30X loupe, to early to distinguish, maybe in a couple days or so.

I am excited about the LSD!! I am going to be growing out their acapulco gold and blue cheese very soon. Pulling up a seat if you don't mind.

godspeedsuckah said:
I am excited about the LSD!! I am going to be growing out their acapulco gold and blue cheese very soon. Pulling up a seat if you don't mind.

Thanks for stoppin in GSS. My wife is also very excited about the LSD. It is doing very well so far, and the 2 clones i took from her look good so far. We only had 1 feminised bean of it, so we are hoping we get lucky and get a keeper that we can run for a while.

hblebo said:
all looks well man. get some new pics up?

gotta see that kandy kush soon man.

Thanks HB. Probly get some pics up tomorrow. The one real nice Kandy Kush i originally thought was looking male, upon further inspection, it is really hard to tell yet. I even got out the 30x loupe, still to hard to tell. I will have to give em all couple more days to see if some pistils shoot out of whatever I was looking at today. The smell is getting really strong, so I am installing the carbon filter tonight. The widow clones look really good too. Can't wait till they are rooted and transplanted, they will go right to flower. Gonna go for some single colas with them, conserve some space, it's gonna get crowded soon. Talk to ya soon.

A few quick pics of the new carbon filter installed, the plants and the clones in the dome.

DSC00207.JPG

DSC00208.JPG

DSC00209.JPG

looks great man. what did the filter setup run you?

cant wait to see a single cola widow.

late...

hblebo said:
looks great man. what did the filter setup run you?

cant wait to see a single cola widow.

late...

I got it from an online shop that was doing a closeout sale, getting rid of all stock on-hand real cheap. Wound up paying $70 with s+h. Seems to be a pretty good one, it is 24" in length and has 16lb of carbon in it. It should be fun with the widows like that. If it works well, I may wind up doin them all like that in the future. I can stack a lot of those square pots in there when they are not real bushy. If I can get 1oz per single cola, that will work for me. I can put about 10 of them pots in there, but only single cola style.

I was able to determine today that the largest and perhaps best looking Kandy Kush was a male, along with one of the Ak-48's, and theywere culled today. The other AK-48 is definitely female. The two remaining Kandy Kush were still not showing. The Barneys LSD has definite female preflowers with pistils, and also has some that I can't yet determine, so I'm keeping a close eye to determine if it is intersex. Hopefully true fem, because I had only 1 bean of it. I put the clone dome into the other tent under the 120 watt LED, and switched the MH out for the HPS, and will begin 12/12 today in flowering tent. I should be able to distinguish Kandy Kush sex soon under 12/12, and figure out if LSD is true female. So all in all I've got 1 AK-48, 1 LSD, 2 Kandy Kush in flowering tent. In clone dome I've got 5 White Widow, 2 LSD, 2 AK-48, 6 Kandy Kush. I took 3 clones each of the 2 undetermined Kandy Kush and if either turn male, I will cull the clones that came from it. If LSD is intersex, the 2 clones of it will be culled as well.

All four plants that went into flowering yesterday got flushed today with 2 gallons of ph'd water with 1 tsp clearex per gallon, and then 1 gallon ph'd water with 1/2 tsp Big Bloom, 1/2 tsp Tiger Bloom, 1 tsp cal/mag. Had to do some minor ph adjusting with flush water to get the runoff to 6.5 ph. The initial runoff of all of them was right around 6.3. Final runoff check after flushes and mild nutrient solution on all was 6.5

Latest posts

Back