Basic light requirement for seedlings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bongofury

Need a light?
Reaction score
I want to hook up another light to pop seeds. I want to do this on top of my 2'x4' fluro's fixture in the veg tent. I want to hook 1 or 2 light sockets and get a bulb from Home Depot. Up to 6 or 8 seeds at a time. What bulb or bulbs will I need? Wattage?

Pop seeds while vegging others. Thanks.

You don't need light to pop seeds.That's why you can germinate seeds in a dark closet in a paper towel.
Once they have popped you can use a small Cfl to get them started, After that you will want a Min of 3000 Lumens PSF to Vegg and a Min of 5000 Lumens PSF to Flower. What light system you use will be some choices you have to make. Read and you will see the different systems can use,,im to high to type that long.:stuff-1125699181_i_

agrees with the above. home depo does sell a cfl grow light but make sure you get the biggest they have. the mid range one sucks. go for the 100 or 150. I got the 75 and its too weak.

Ok no light needed to sprout the seeds. I can then just move them down to under the fluro's. Thanks WH and Hippy59. I'm high too. Also I mean. :joint4:

I have the required lighting. Just wanted something to get the seeds started and I don't need it lol.

then stop typing and get to growing! times a wasting! lol.

top of that other light MIGHT be to warm. watch temps closly and if need be put a towel down but I think youll be be fine.

Latest posts

Back