Battling Spidermites in my 2 Tents

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smeg

Reaction score
hi all
OK i have spidermites .... ive been battling them for over 4 months now
I grow in 2 tents ..2 grows ... i struggled to kill them all in the flower tent ... its hard to get under every single leave + ive not really sprayed enough times to break the egg cycle , i think
Anyway .. im pretty sure ive got them under control in my veg tent ... because i dipped the whole plants in Floramite and cleaned the tent real good too .
I know i run the risk of bringing them from my flower tent to my veg , but all i can do is try to take care of my veging plants .... the plants in flower come down this week and the tent is going too . im getting a bigger one.
Products i have for killing spidermites Are Floamite / Aivid / crop-guard / Neem oil / Plant Vitality .. i live in the UK and these are the only/ best products i can get over here

My questions are about trying to understand spidermites
1,when i clean the Grow area with water and bleach ... dose that kill spidermites and there Eggs instantly ?
2, if i alternate the straying with the four products i have . How often can i spray the plants ?
3, Is there any other prevention methods i could take to try and stop them getting hold in my new Tent
4, how would tackle this problem ?

all advice , comments are appreciated
thanks
Smeg

Bro. Floramite or Forbid. Spray your veg area now and flower area if under week 1 flower, if not, have to ride this flower cycle out. You will wipe them out. Destruction. I have not sprayed in 3 cycles, since the last sign of them.

not sure if you can get them where you are,
but the best thing i have found for spidermites are
hot shots no pest strips.

they are for putting in attics and basements and other storage places where you dont want spiders or other bugs. but they kill spidermites.
you can replace them every month and you will never have to spray your plants with anything, great if you are in flowering.

you may be able to find them at hardware/ home improvement stores.

jack hairy said:
not sure if you can get them where you are,
but the best thing i have found for spidermites are
hot shots no pest strips.

they are for putting in attics and basements and other storage places where you dont want spiders or other bugs. but they kill spidermites.
you can replace them every month and you will never have to spray your plants with anything, great if you are in flowering.

you may be able to find them at hardware/ home improvement stores.

I wish it were that easy. I have yet to have No Pest strips eradicate spider mites.

You really need to read the label and find out how often you are supposed to reapply. It is good to change it up as the mites do seem to get used to or immune to each thing you try. But follow the directions, take the pots outside and lay them on their side put some paper in the pot so the dirt doesn't fall out and spray the heck out of the underside of the leaves, roll the pot and continue. Then set the pot up and spray the tops. Follow the directions and do it all again in whenever they say to. I would use two applications at least of one thing before going on to something else.

I am practicing what I preach as I type. I have them too.

thanks for advice guys
good tip Rosebud..... never thought of bagging them up , ive been holding a piece of cardboard over the coco.

ive just found some No pest strips i can order , think ill get some of them as spraying .
thanks
smeg

I think you can use any kind of fragrance to far away these spidermites from you tents or use of insect killer spray is a positive step in this situation.What is you opinion abut it share it on the below of this page.
Read More

I use hot shot pest strips and like THG says, they won't completely eradicate them for good, but they will knock them back for a while.

I had spidermite issues, and the only way I beat them was to cycle out everything in my room, bleach down EVERYTHING, and start from scratch with new stock. This was after trying every expensive product at the hydro store without success. I know it sucks, but was the only way I found to totally eradicate them.

I also used the Hot Shot no pest strips when I battled them...it helped keep them under control while I finished the flowering period but I did not actually get rid of them until I shut down for the Summer and bleached the hell out if everything. Have not seen one in over a year, knock on wood.

Latest posts

Back