Beans 1st indoor grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm so happy I joined this forum... So many knowledgable people and all willing to help each other out! It's tough to find public forums like this one. Thanks guys and gals!

Is this one a male??? If it is it is the only one of 6 that has these seed looking balls on it so far...

possible male.jpg

post #25 is male. better kill it quick. its ready to bust open anytime. last pic is also male. sorry...;)

Irish is right on--get rid of that boy you have pictured in post #25. I am still believing that the other pic just shows new growth and that is not a preflower. However, a little time will tell. And now you know what the boys look like so you can get rid of them.

I hate to be contrary guys but I don't think you can tell on either one of those yet. If they are like calyxes that I have seen, they will swell to at least 2 times that size before they are ready to open(if they are male). I would watch them morning and night for the next few days to see if they extend out onto a little stem or if they spit out the little hair pairs. I wouldn't toss a plant until I am sure. If in doubt isolate it but mainly watch it for the next sign. :)

IMO, there is no doubt that the plant in post #25 is a boy.

I think it looks like a boy too on the node o the left side you can cleary see the little pod sack.

I recently did some sexing a little later than im use too and I learnt that "when in doubt, wait it out" works. but that does look like its a dude.

I am SO CONFUSED!!! lol... I am going to have to depend on the expertise of the forum until I get this first indoor grow under my belt. 3 of the plants have similar features and 3 have nothing that look like seed pods. The next pictures will be of ALL of my plants. I will label each of them as being separate plants.

Now for the 3 plants that look either too early to sex or maybe female???

Man its impossible to tell definitively at this point. If you have a magnifying glass just keep looking at them every day until you see the little pods either start to extend up on little stems or extend out 2 little hairs.

Take a look at the chart. the 2 places I have circled are the female calyxes. Notice the males will extend to look like a lollipop on a stick. Hope this helps :)

sex chart.JPG

Well I killed 1,2 and 3 today... All 3 had big groups of pods. I kinda wish I would have seen that picture you posted before I did. I just thought if there was a bunch of pods clumped together it was male. The 3 plants I have left only have 1 or 2 pods with hairs coming out of the tops...

Latest posts

Back