Before or after exhaust fan?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bombbudpuffa

Sweet Cheeba Chiefa
Reaction score
Does a carbon filter go before or after the exhaust fan? Does air need to be pushed or pulled or both through them? Thanks:D!

I Would Say After,so The Air Would Be Pushed,but Does It Really Matter,if Both Ways Work.dont Use One..

Great:D. I was thinking that it had to go in a certain order. Thanks alot everyone;).

Another thing. I have a 265 squirrel cage fan for exhaust. Should I add an inline fan for a boost or not. Thanks:).

4"x12"? I couldn't really see much more than that in that ad. However, I use one about that size for my carbon filter which is twice the size which pulls the air nice a slow through the carbon.

Just to guess, I think you are on the upper end of the acceptable range. But with an O3 generator, you should be perfect man. :aok:

Thanks, DL. As usual, you've been a big help. People like you help me become a lil less of an idiot day by day:D.

Haha!

Couldn't tell you man, sorry. I've never tried that alone and there are different sizes of O3 generators... Not really my field of expertise. :rolleyes: Whatever you do, be sure to exhaust that air well because O3 is unhealthy for all living things.

I wouldn't bother with the O3 generators.. those are usually designed for much larger rooms.

I'm exhausting my (aprox) 12 sq foot room (48 cubic) through a 10 inch homemade carbon filter (thanks DL :D), with a 4inch vortex inline fan.. and there have been no issues with smell.

I wouldn't bother with the O3 generators.. those are usually designed for much larger rooms.
Which is exactly why I think one would work for my small room:D.

If your using the sock, you want to pull thru it. its designed with a prefilter on the outside. Good luck with it!

Latest posts

Back