Bending plant leaves [HELP]

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sgtjones12

Reaction score
So my plant had the light above it for 24hrs total now, I am also running a fan and i watered it yesterday and this morning around 5.00 am and the leaves are like curling up and I really dont know whats going on.

I turned the light off now so it can rest, I also stuck my finger in the soil to see if it was dry and it's still moist... Maybe i over watered it and the soil and Light i use is below

Miracle-Gro 2-cu ft Flower and Vegetable Garden Soil

9-1/2-in H x 10-in W x 10-in D Terracotta Clay Outdoor Pot

Feit Electric ESL40TN/D 40-Watt Compact Fluorescent High-Wattage Bulb, Daylight

0cc14e82-e9de-4069-b64a-aa3a2c3be900.png

74619e0d-e083-4b9b-be70-4ef00e48bb36.png

b012b3b0-998b-4a6d-bf45-718a43c17047.png

ef5a05d8-20da-4e54-a811-a89ca43b4001.png

ok keep the light on, those little seed leafs are always roundish and typicaly do bend downward when the first set of leafs grow in, no worries, and yeah let the soil dry out a bit, top inch or more of soil, it may take a while in a pot that size since the plant is so small and not taking in a whole lot of water. MJ needs a wet/dry cycle to thrive, over watering just hinders proper growth, perhaps you should do some reading around here of indoor grows start to finish, get a better idea of what your doing and what to expect.

It looks normal. Maybe slow down on watering it so much. You want the new roots to search a little for water.

Ok thanks guys I really appreciate it and my plant is getting taller :)

you gonna need more light than that...I think the plant is stretching..not getting Taller????

:48:

The first thing I noticed was the soil--I have to tell you that your soil looks just horrible. I don't know if I found the specific soil you were using, but it appears to have nutrients in it that slow release. If this is the case, the plant probably will not make it. MJ seedlings cannot tolerate any nutrients when they are this small. They should be 2-4 weeks old before they are given nutrients. I would love to see you get some seed starting soil of some kind. Something that has NO nutrients whatsoever and no water crystals or anything like that. Start a few seeds, at least 3 as male plants are worthless for smoking and are destroyed as soon as they show. Start them in small pots or starting cubes. Move to a larger pot when they get rootbound. It is very hard to control the amount of water a seedling gets when they are in such a large pot.

It appears to me that those are the first real leaves and the cotyledons are below them and already browning and getting ready to fall off. Getting a good start in life is important and a plant stressed too much or stunted when it is a seedling is probably going to be affected its whole life.

The Hemp Goddess said:
The first thing I noticed was the soil--I have to tell you that your soil looks just horrible. I don't know if I found the specific soil you were using, but it appears to have nutrients in it that slow release. If this is the case, the plant probably will not make it. MJ seedlings cannot tolerate any nutrients when they are this small. They should be 2-4 weeks old before they are given nutrients. I would love to see you get some seed starting soil of some kind. Something that has NO nutrients whatsoever and no water crystals or anything like that. Start a few seeds, at least 3 as male plants are worthless for smoking and are destroyed as soon as they show. Start them in small pots or starting cubes. Move to a larger pot when they get rootbound. It is very hard to control the amount of water a seedling gets when they are in such a large pot.

It appears to me that those are the first real leaves and the cotyledons are below them and already browning and getting ready to fall off. Getting a good start in life is important and a plant stressed too much or stunted when it is a seedling is probably going to be affected its whole life.

My sir thanks for all the advice :) but my sir you were wrong about the cotyledons browning, this morning i check they were much greener and bigger than they were a few days ago.

the cotyledons browning, this morning i check they were much greener

Mine all turn yellow and fall off. But my plants are quite a bit larger before they do this. I am pretty sure this has to do with the plant using the stored nutes in them till they get established.

Latest posts

Back