Best state to grow?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

j99jm

I know a few states are "decriminalized" and have less harsh punishments for cultivation and posession. Which state has the most relaxed laws for growing?
So far it seems NC is a good state to grow, being the penalty is a 3rd degree felony with 1-5 years max for any amount grown (I believe..)

Does anyone know where there are lower penalties for growing say, 10-99 plants, since some states penalties jump very high up for more than a certain amount.

I've heard that in Maine if you're caught growing, it's just a fine. I think that's for like a few plants or something though, I can't see it being just a fine if it's some huge grow op.

j99jm said:
I know a few states are "decriminalized" and have less harsh punishments for cultivation and posession. Which state has the most relaxed laws for growing?
So far it seems NC is a good state to grow, being the penalty is a 3rd degree felony with 1-5 years max for any amount grown (I believe..)

Does anyone know where there are lower penalties for growing say, 10-99 plants, since some states penalties jump very high up for more than a certain amount.
Why? would this be good?

i would have to say CA.

my reasoning......I live in one of the most conservative cities in the state and even they just passed a measure allowing medicnal growers 2 plants outdoors! :D

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Hey Folks, Sorry To Bring-Up Bad News, But.... At This Time, It Does Not Matter What "State"-Law Says, Growing Marijuana In The Land Of The "Free" Is A Felony, And The Goverment Prosecutes Us. Not The State. Watch The News, They'er Busting Patients/Sick People for "Legal" Gardens, i.e. Under 20 Plants. "Compasion Clubs" Are Getting Shut-Down Left and Right, Even Here in Ca. Yup, "Uncle Sam" Is Cracking Down on Pot Smokers, Crack-Smokers Get Less Time Than Us. Heck, Rapist And Child-Molesters Are Set Free, Just To Make Room for More "Drug" Felons. Last Year, More People Were Arrested and Went To Jail for Drugs, Than Violent Offenders. {Rapist, Murders, Child-Molesters,...} If You Feel Safer,Thank G.W.B., Federal Prosecuters, And All Those Who Are To Scared to Vote. CaptainViper.

Move to Canada.

One of our PM's used to smoke doobies!

Ive seen cops pass by full grown mj plants because thats not what they werent looking for. This was in a friends apartment in CA by the way. It not only depends on the state but which city you choose. Good luck and be safe and smart

Nope, Won't Let Me In, Past Arrests For Drugs. Enjoy Your Freedom Now, Our Pres. Has Been Talking to Your Goverment About "Cracking Down" On All The Pot Comeing Down From "Up-North" RCMP Has Been Going Into OverDrive Trying To Shut-You-All Down. Ya'All Need To Start Writeing Letters To Your Goverment, Tell Them "If We Wanted To Live Under U.S. Rules, We'ed Move There", And Our Pres. Smoked Pot And Snorted Coke, Means Nothing. CaptainViper.

Cops Walking Past A Full-Grown Pot Plant, Paying No Attention? What Were They Looking For, Bazooka's? Bin Laden? Serial Killers? Dog Fighting? I've NEVER Known Cops To Ignore An Additional "Charge", Are You Sure They Were REALY Cops? CaptianViper

Writing letters would only put me on the 'Black List' here!
Although I support those who stick their necks out!

I've heard about a few crack downs destined for Maine......

Hey, Oscar. Not Trying To Get You "Black Listed", For So Long Many Of Us Have Kept Our Heads Low, Not Trying To Be Noticed, Liveing Our Lives Quitely, No One Wants To Be Singled-Out, But Being Silent Has Alowed "Them" To Take-Away So Many of Our Rights. Big Pharm. Companys, Tobacco Companys, And Don't Forget All The Booze-Slingers out There, They Constantly Write And Tell Congress To "Keep Up The Fight" Against Marijuana. If We Just Keep Quiet, No-one Will Ever Help Our Cause, So Long As They'er Makeing They'er Money, They Don't Care About Us. Look At The Last 15 years, So Many People Have Demanded Their "Rights", And Gotten Them. Yet WE Remain Silent, And Get NOTHING. Ask For Nothing, Get Nothing. ***** And Scream, And Keep on Screaming, Only Then, Will Things Change. CaptainViper

I've seen first hand that here in Qubec everyone is bought and paid for.
With 3 dollar bills!

The Crown lays all charges here......so be patient if you become a victim of a crime.
Or better yet, if you get busted, you're not likely to do time and probably will be back on the street hours after being busted.
It's no wonder we pay 2 taxes here as opposed to the rest of Canada!
The coppers here are crooked, they have incited riots......check on when Bush came to Montebello in August of this year.
There's a you tube of that very video where undercover cops were caught in the act trying to get demonstrators to throw bricks.

All falls on deaf ears here.........unless you have cash of course!

If Only 10 or 20 People Complain, They Harass And Arrest. If Hundreds, Thousands of People Raise Their Voices, We Have To Be Noticed, To Be Heard, To Make Change. CaptainViper

Personally, I can do majic from just the side lines....
We're doing pretty good up here as far as medical MJ goes........you just have to have the right doctor who can either prescribe the MJ Pill or the real McCoy!
They don't do anything when you get caught with small uncut amounts anymore.
One up.
In this city they'd rather see people smoking MJ than doing harder substances! Cuts down on Crime.

Do You Notice On World Wide Marijuana Day, Thousands of People March, Raise Their Voices As One, And No Coverage. No News, No T.V., Nothing. Take 500 Spanish People/ Gay People/ or 50 White "Klan"-Types, Two-Three Days Of Coverage. Kids Shooting up Schools, The Press Keeps Going And Going And Going, Have'ent Stoped Yet. Over 250,000 Arrested Last Year For Marijuana Possession, More Than Assault, Murder, or Rape Combined. Im Not A Hater, I Try to Care About All Peoples, But Unless We All Speak-Up, Nothing Will Change. If Everyone was Silent, There Would Still Be Slavery, Women Still Could Not Vote, Kids Would Still Work in Factories, And Gay People Would Still Be In The Closet. Not A World I'd Want To Be In. CaptainViper. { To The Mods. I Understand If You Edit This, I Just Get Pis*ed Because Nothing Changes.} CV

I think max123 is correct,,,in Maine as long as its less then 25 plants ,all you get is a ticket ,,,just pay a fine and that’s it ,,you can check out each states laws at norml.com ,,,if you look up Maine the part about growing under 25 plants has been removed ,,im not sure if they have changed the law ,,,but it was,,, under 25 plants a misdemeanor,,,,just looked it up alaska has a under 25 plant law also ,,,,under 25 plants a misdemeanor,,,,p,l,r

google ,,,,Ravin v. Alaska,,,makes for interesting reading p,l,r

Latest posts

Back