best strain to start as a beginer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sundancer245

Reaction score
will be caregiver for my wife in michigan wondering what strain would be the safest bet for a beginer with no exp. any tips appreciated.

I have like 5 grows under my belt and I would have to say that, in my limited experience, the more indica in the strain that you are growing, the more hardy the plant will be...Every Sativa I grow requires more tweaking than indo plants....

just my lil ol opinion....

stick with this site and others like it (Grasscity.com), read your *** off, ask questions and you will do real fine:)

what midnight toker says, goes to what I'm saying, as most medical weed is heavy indica with a "medicinal" high as opposed to a sativa's "heady" high...should work out for ya

Seems the place to start would be to figure out what strains would help with your wife's condition the most and then pick the easiest from those strains.

You cant go wrong with the classics, White Widow, Super Silver Haze, Northern Lights, AK 47, Afghani..... Just to name a few, those strains are legendary for a reason!

sundancer245 said:
will be caregiver for my wife in michigan wondering what strain would be the safest bet for a beginer with no exp. any tips appreciated. -Jeff

I would recommend Mandela Seeds Satori, it's easy, grows well and is mostly noob proof. Grows with weak lighting, any variety of nutes, and doesn't need special techniques to grow out some nice buds with tons of trichomes all over the thing. It's easy to prune too. Just remember to dry it/cure it long, it's a thick bud that needs a few extra days to dry on the rack.
White satin and Mandela #1 are easy too, but the Satori is easiest with a great high that lasts for hours and hours.

If you have height restrictions, I would go with the auto flowering strains. Not much to go wrong, one grow space instead of separate veg and flower areas. I also understand they grow quite well with CFLs :)

dope-seeds.com has a pretty good selection.

Have a look at Granny Stormcrow's medical marijuana research sticky in the med mj forum - it may help you pick a strain, as midnight toker mentioned :)

SkunkPatronus said:
I would recommend Mandela Seeds Satori, it's easy, grows well and is mostly noob proof. Grows with weak lighting, any variety of nutes, and doesn't need special techniques to grow out some nice buds with tons of trichomes all over the thing. It's easy to prune too. Just remember to dry it/cure it long, it's a thick bud that needs a few extra days to dry on the rack.
White satin and Mandela #1 are easy too, but the Satori is easiest with a great high that lasts for hours and hours.

Oh boy oh boy :) Chopped the satori yesterday :). Satori brownies in the oven at this very moment...

All of those easy things you listed are true. My experience is they do not like temps in the low 100s, though :cool:

SkunkPatronus said:

Afghani and Northern Lights show the same traits, super easy to grow!!

I say NorthernLights too. Hardy, forgives easily, lots of bud, good medical smoke. My first harvest for medical, was a mix, and the Northernlights did the best. Short season too....very important when growing outdoor in North. Am growing some now.
Good luck to you.

thanks everyone for the replys...sounds like indica is what we are looking for as she has back and neck problems with her spine. thanks again for the tips, i will be posting more questions in the future im sure!

tried to order some satori seeds but the mandala site online store is closed till the first of the year, anyone know anything on the blackjack strain from nirvana?

outstanding ....thanks...have you had good luck with attitude? they have the satori and we think we will go with that. thanks again!

I agree with Art.
Try some autos. All done in 1 room. Could start a few every couple weeks to spread it out and harvest more.

Go with Dope-Seeds or Single Seed Centre for autos. Attitude has a poor selection.
Good thing about Single Seed is you dont have to buy a full 10 pack. You can spread your wealth around and maybe try a couple each person has selected that way you can find whats right for you.

Autos you can get away from fertilizing and other stuff. I have a few I just jammed in Miracle Gro potting soil. Water it. And they are doing fantastic just like that. 1 is 15 days old and already pushing 10 inches. Said they grow 11-18. And its almost there already. They are tough, strong, simple to grow plants. Really cant mess them up unless you do something really bad.

i ordererd some g13 white widow seed from attitiude and got my babys in 10 days later not business days

I agree with the other NL #5 is awesome and easy to grow. to me it seems like the purple kush is harder than the NL or Bubblegum for cloning...Super Berry is really easy that thing cloned and rooted in like 6 days..I was happily surprised and she grows really well. but she is a sativa. good luck friend your wife is lucky to have you to grow for her!

Hi,

There are SO many good indoor strains to choose from but before you do that... If you smoke bud or know anyone that does your first strain of choice and also maybe your 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th & 6th choices as well should be bagseed. ;) Since you've never grown I highly suggest that before you order the high dollar seeds that you get your setup together and do a test run on a couple batches of FREE seeds to get your germinating and seedling chops up to speed. I had some very expensive lessons in the past... Even now, I can sometimes go for a couple years before I grow a new strain from seed and if my chops are rusty I'll pop a few bagseeds to get myself and my setup ready for the real deal. You don't necessarily need to see the bagseed plants through to fruition but use them to learn how to coddle and raise plants through the tender seedling stage.

Happy Growing!:cool:

I was looking for seeds from Nirvana for an indoor grow and under indoor plants they show one they recommend as easy to grow recommended for new growers. It's on their website.

ArtVandolay said:
Oh boy oh boy :) Chopped the satori yesterday :). Satori brownies in the oven at this very moment...

All of those easy things you listed are true. My experience is they do not like temps in the low 100s, though :cool:

brownies sound really good...wish you could shove one thru this screen...

i would say not to go with blueberry, and if u do go with blueberry, start nutes at a month in veg.. slowly build up on the nutes and dont go over half recommend dose imo.
if ur looking to go with femenized seeds, I would look at dinafem. im currently growing their blue hash and cali hash and i love em.,

Latest posts

Back