best time to water?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Runbyhemp said:
Sorry mate, this statement makes no sense to me.
this makes no sense to me
runbyhemp said:
Watering in the morning means that my medium has sufficient time to dry out. Waterlogged medium can result in root problems as KK said. It also causes mould.
ok then so 12 hours of light without being waterd during that time, isnt sufficient enought to dry it out? and will create mold ??

My medium has the 12 full hours to dry out without being waterd during that time + it probably starts when lights are off. Lets say our lights go 7am-7pm, lights flip on, drying starting 7 am.

Yours is watered during that 12 hour light sched, so yours doenst get the full 12 because the medium is watered during that 12 hour time.... 7am lights flip on, you water, now your soil is much more wet than mine is at this point, and has the same amount of time to dry.......

does this make sence?? If not, I cant freaking explain what I mean:confused: pretty sure my soil wont mold, im not on a permanent schedule, where my plants get water no matter what, every single day. I water when they need it, which is everday pretty much. which is 1 gallon + nutes, with 1 cup of run off in 5 gallon containers. Mine were heavy feeders...

wow thanks for all the input. i guess i will fiddle around with my watering times, perhaps even doing some sort of experiment :)

yea, if OD i would water before the hot part of the day, either early morning, or after the hottest part in the day, cus at night critters and molds could appear, mold should never be a problem, if your watering correctly. but indoors, bugs arnt a problem, neither is mold if you dont over water...

i would agree morning the best because so far i have been doing it and never had problems and the plants love it. but if your in containers some times two times is necessary because of weather. i try to not water at night if in containers because the water will just sit there.
just my opinion.

Latest posts

Back