Big bang 2nd grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You are right!!! wow those spots looks just like mine.. I gave them a good flush yesterday, so hopefully all my efforts have paid off. Lucky the water here is very hard, so it should raise the PH fast.

The leaves are looking worse every day... I've gone back on normal nutes and a ph of 6. I'll see what happens. Luckily the buds are not affected yet. So I guess I just wait and see, and let the buds grow for as long as possible. But I might have to do an early harvest :(

RiskyPack said:
The leaves are looking worse every day... I've gone back on normal nutes and a ph of 6. I'll see what happens. Luckily the buds are not affected yet. So I guess I just wait and see, and let the buds grow for as long as possible. But I might have to do an early harvest :(

To bad that they don't get better. But i seriously recomend a higher pH, 6,5-6,9. Flush every pot with about 10L of water with this pH, i think this will improve the condition.

I flushed today.. I think I flushed with 20 l of water with a ph of 8.5 and still the run off is only ph 5.. I didn't think of testing the run off before

RiskyPack said:
I flushed today.. I think I flushed with 20 l of water with a ph of 8.5 and still the run off is only ph 5.. I didn't think of testing the run off before

Keep flushing my friend, sounds like you got some nasties in your soil. Have you tried posting in the sick plants section? People there usually give good advise.

How often do you water? I believe overwateing can cause growth of anaerobic bacteria which in turn lowers pH. Just a thaught.

I did a lot of flushing before the weekend as I had to go away. I came back and they were still alive. I flushed again today. 3 of them are looking quite poor, and today I decided to give them GHE - Ripen after the flush. I will have to cut them down a bit early. They all have some nice buds growing though, so I will at least get some harvest for my efforts. The last plant is still on the nutes and I looks quite well.. I am expecting some serious buds from that one. Enjoy the pictures.

Kebne I think you are right about the over watering. I think it turned into sort of peat soil, I will try to use a different medium to grow in next time. But they are still alive, so thanks for your many advice, you have really helped me a lot.

Day 070 - 01.jpg

Day 070 - 02.jpg

Day 070 - 03.jpg

Day 070 - 04.jpg

Day 070 - 05.jpg

Day 070 - 06.jpg

Day 070 - 07.jpg

Glad they are still alive. And they will be so until harvest by the looks of it. Check out coco if you wanna try a different medium. Very easy and effective as i have allready told you. Just keep growin'.

Take care/
k

kebnekajse said:
Glad they are still alive. And they will be so until harvest by the looks of it. Check out coco if you wanna try a different medium. Very easy and effective as i have allready told you. Just keep growin'.

Take care/
k

I'm in a bit of a pickle right now.. I'm really considering hydroponics right now, but it is so expensive. I also really want to try coco. My other pickle is that I would really really like to have more space, so I could have a mother plant to take clones from, so I could harvest more often. But I have never tried this method and don't know if I can master this technique yet.

RiskyPack said:
I'm in a bit of a pickle right now.. I'm really considering hydroponics right now, but it is so expensive. I also really want to try coco. My other pickle is that I would really really like to have more space, so I could have a mother plant to take clones from, so I could harvest more often. But I have never tried this method and don't know if I can master this technique yet.

If you wanna try hydro, go with a homemade dwc/bubbler. You can get the parts for under 40 euro and its really easy to build. Space will always be an issue, no matter how much you got;).

I did a little research today, and I'm not really sure which way to go. If I should get one big container and then put multiple plants in, or several small and then just grow one plant per container. I was thinking to buy a bucket with a lit. Is there a minimum to the amount of liters it has to contain? I'm thinking maybe one 30 l bucket.

RiskyPack said:
I did a little research today, and I'm not really sure which way to go. If I should get one big container and then put multiple plants in, or several small and then just grow one plant per container. I was thinking to buy a bucket with a lit. Is there a minimum to the amount of liters it has to contain? I'm thinking maybe one 30 l bucket.

If yiu are growing one strain i guess you can have several plants in one bucket ( dif strains crave dif nutes/pH etc.). Don't know too much about hydro though, just the basics. But i will try dwc sometime.

I'm really thinking aero atm. I found out that you can buy a mist generator for about 30 euro. Then all you need is a bucket with a lit and net pot.

Aeroponics is pretty unforgiving if you're just moving to hydro..

I've been told that with a bad hydro screwup left unchecked, it can take days for it to get really serious..

with Aeroponics, it can take hours

that said, look into General Hydroponic Waterfarm buckets..I am biased, as they are what I use:)

they are versatile, compact, effective, and easy to maintian...

I've seen the waterfarm buckets, but they are quite expensive right? About 80-100 euros for the smallest one. I bet you could build something just as nice for half the price

absolutely! if you can build one..(it's not that hard for the capable soul), do it!..look at the structure and the way they built it and I'm sure it's pretty easy...just off the top of my head I'd say you could rig up a bucket for :
$10- outer bucket with insert for plants
$5 -1/2 and 1/4 inch tubing
$15 for a simple air pump..

I don't know what that is in Euros, but it's definitely cheaper!

just FYI, the waterfarm is like $50 each for a bucket and pump etc...or like $385 for an 8 bucket system with everything..(I AM IN NO WAY AFFILIATED WITH WATERFARM OR ANY COMPANY THAT I RECOMMEND....just a disclaimer)

good luck with whatever you decide, and if you go with Waterfarm, be sure to have a grow journal so I can check it out..!!

cmd420 said:
just FYI, the waterfarm is like $50 each for a bucket and pump etc...or like $385 for an 8 bucket system with everything..

good luck with whatever you decide, and if you go with Waterfarm, be sure to have a grow journal so I can check it out..!!

I'm so jealous with the US.. Why the f... is everything so cheap on that side of the ocean? The waterfarm is the twice the price here, which give me twice the incentive to build a DWC system on my own. Tomorrow I'll go out and see if I can find a good tank with a lit. I already found a place, where I can buy cheap air pumps and large airstones. It is a place selling gear for fish ponds ;)

My main concern is that a waterfarm would fit almost perfectly into my closet, and I think it will be hard to find a tank in these dimentions. But we'll see tomorrow.

I just started a Bubbleponic system. I used Ebb/flow on my last crop and it worked very good. I am trying the bubbleponic system because I gain 1 foot of grow height in my current grow area. The bubbleponic is the best of both DWC and Aeroponics.

Can you tell me more about the details? And maybe pop some photos on here as well. Thanks

Latest posts

Back