Newbie to growing here

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djsthompson

Reaction score
Kia ora everyone, I'm new to growing cannabis, I'm on my 2nd grow in a 80cmx80cmx200 grow tent with a 100 watt Quantum Par - Samsung led light, and 4 plants, 3 are clones from my 1st grow and a random seed I got from a friend, don't know what stain they are, would like as much help and tips, on best methods, so in advance, thanks for having me and thank you all for the help I will get

Attachments

• 16844186604418360345936136073057.jpg
    16844186604418360345936136073057.jpg
    5.4 MB · Views: 0
Tell us what kind of nutrients and soil you are using as well as any issues you saw on your first grow. I am a believer in the phrase ‘if it ain’t broke, don’t break it’. Do you allow for a wet/dry cycle when growing? Also one of the best ways to learn about new-to-you methods is to peruse other people’s journals. Also, don’t hesitate to ask questions as early as possible when you see a suspected issue. That will usually prompt a lot of help and questions about what you are doing. Welcome to the Passion. We are a good friendly community but beware: we have been known to have a bit of thread drift. It is all in good fun though.

Hey djs welcome to the passion. Looks like you have a nice start. Do you plan to use a net to hold them down a bit and even up you bud sites? It’s gonna get crowded in that tent but it’s manageable with a scrog net and proper defoliation. Looking forward to watching your grow. Ask any questions here when you run into a problem and I’m sure someone will chime in with help ✌️

Tell us what kind of nutrients and soil you are using as well as any issues you saw on your first grow. I am a believer in the phrase ‘if it ain’t broke, don’t break it’. Do you allow for a wet/dry cycle when growing? Also one of the best ways to learn about new-to-you methods is to peruse other people’s journals. Also, don’t hesitate to ask questions as early as possible when you see a suspected issue. That will usually prompt a lot of help and questions about what you are doing. Welcome to the Passion. We are a good friendly community but beware: we have been known to have a bit of thread drift. It is all in good fun though.
Thank you for replying, I'm using regular potting soil, nutrients used are a brand called goliath plant nutrients, don't know what you mean by wet/dry cycle, still learning, below are the nutrients I'm using, did the job for my 1st grow

Attachments

• 16844582384602546963402911618142.jpg
    16844582384602546963402911618142.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 16844582994501087815294750714069.jpg
    16844582994501087815294750714069.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
Thank you for replying, I'm using regular potting soil, nutrients used are a brand called goliath plant nutrients, don't know what you mean by wet/dry cycle, still learning, below are the nutrients I'm using, did the job for my 1st grow

so far so good

when you say regular potting soil , do you mean something like Miracle Grow potting soil?

also , check the label on the soil to see if it has pre-loaded nutrients , like Miracle Grow

and if your soil does have nutrients , you may need to only give the plants plain water and maybe a little cal mag

so far so good

when you say regular potting soil , do you mean something like Miracle Grow potting soil?

also , check the label on the soil to see if it has pre-loaded nutrients , like Miracle Grow

and if your soil does have nutrients , you may need to only give the plants plain water and maybe a little cal mag
So if it has nutrients in the soil, I don't need to use the whole goliath products, I'm only using them cause the place I brought my grow kit from, gave me the goliath products for free, 9 bottles at $50 each, I told them that I was thinking of changing nutrient brands, knowing that I've never grown before

Hey djs welcome to the passion. Looks like you have a nice start. Do you plan to use a net to hold them down a bit and even up you bud sites? It’s gonna get crowded in that tent but it’s manageable with a scrog net and proper defoliation. Looking forward to watching your grow. Ask any questions here when you run into a problem and I’m sure someone will chime in with help ✌️
Thank you for the warm welcome, I used a scrog net on the first grow which helped spread my plants evenly, this time I'm not, I'm using LST this time to see the difference in growing styles, I'm not out there yet to grow big yields and a whole heap at one time, I've started growing for personal use and just trying to grow it right

Thank you for the warm welcome, I used a scrog net on the first grow which helped spread my plants evenly, this time I'm not, I'm using LST this time to see the difference in growing styles, I'm not out there yet to grow big yields and a whole heap at one time, I've started growing for personal use and just trying to grow it right
Well your LST has got a nice spread to it almost filled in Wow looks great 😊

So if it has nutrients in the soil, I don't need to use the whole goliath products, I'm only using them cause the place I brought my grow kit from, gave me the goliath products for free, 9 bottles at $50 each, I told them that I was thinking of changing nutrient brands, knowing that I've never grown before

have you been feeding them any nutrients?

See above

so yes he is using and has been using the goliath nutes?

if so , it must be working , like you said , the plants look good

so then his potting soil may Not have any nutes since there are no sign of nutrient burn….

carry on ,i am gonna smoke some kush

I use loaded soil Foxfarm Strawberry. The nutes in the soil will eventually weaken. I don’t feed any nutes for about three weeks after transplant Into the new loaded soil. That’s my sweet spot for adding extra nutes but I do add calmag from the start in every two to three waterings and the plants look much healthier with it. I usually transplant three times about every three weeks before they end up in their final pots and don’t start adding nutes till three weeks after that. Thats just the way I do it using loaded soil. I’m sure others would argue either not to use loaded soil or to add nutes earlier. That’s just working for me right now… good luck with your grow

Cannabis likes the soil to dry out pretty well between waterings/feedings. Not to the point of wilting but close. It allows oxygen to get to the roots. Not familiar with the nutes you are using but if they are working, it is hard to argue with success.

Latest posts

Back