Black domina.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You never know! It's all sparkly under the sun. In the grow room I can't get a proper light balance because I'm using a combination of hps and cfl, so the spectrum varies all over the place.

hxxp://forum.sensiseeds.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=6397&PID=48569#48569

here leaf I hope you dont have to join to view this!

This is from a dried secondary cola.

Weight dry: 7/8 oz. :D
Fluffy/Dense: 90% or better, dense :D
texture: a pleasure to crumble :D
colour: lime green with red-brown dried pistils :D
trichs: both sides, densely coated :D
harvested as: 80% clear 20% cloudy
grow (brief): modified coco, 3.5 gallon pots, 7KL/ft, MG Bloom
and my own phosphate crystal mixture.
cure time: 3 days only
test qty: 0.5 standard ZZ, slim, the other 0.5 after 1 hour

First impression: Speedy; comes on with a rush; distinct effects of floating. Not a couch-lock. Sativa qualities.

Later: Feel-good type of stone; musical appreciation stone, you know what I mean.

Taste: Hashy. Similar to the taste of Pakistani black, best grade.

Potency: Too early to say, but since it needs to both finish to amber and also cure properly, I cannot but hope that this is going to be total killah. Rock star quality.

Commercial value: Top of the market.

Previous experiences of the same type of high:
Garberville, Purple Haze, North CA mountain grown.

Ease of growth: Easy. Excellent in coco. Good yield.
Physical profile: Ice cream cone.
Vertical: Very well defined.

I had bud rot in the final stages, waiting for amber. Quite nasty. It occurred in the main cola and the four large secondaries, the tertiary colas, smaller, were not affected. Seems like humidity was too high and it started deep in the cola next to the stem.
It may not be a strain-specific thing, but if others report it too . . .

Oh no! I've seen jars of clay type pellets in stores like ace hardware that are dehumidifiers. Maybe next harvest you could set one near your colas. No dust no power no dehumidifier machine. Might work.

Thanks for the idea. I lost about half the bud by the time I had finished cutting out the rot.

I wouldn't say this strain is tremendously potent. I'll estimate it at 15% THC. However this is from a plant that had to be harvested clear, due to the bud rot, so it's not really a fair estimate. Nice stone though. Progressive.

Warning:

I find this strain to be excessively prone to bud rot.
The other day there was a light shower of rain and some came through the open greenhouse window and landed on one side of the Domina that's about half way through flower.

I immediately blotted the rain with tissues and set the 10" clipon fan to dry her out. A couple of hours later she seemed dry and fine.
However two days later, I discovered bud rot beginning in one of the top colas. I cut out that cola immediately. The rest seem fine but I am :watchplant: all the time for more.

Conditions in the greenhouse are not excessively humid and we're getting plenty of sun. I have NEVER had a plant get rot this easily before - it's the first time I've had this problem.

Black Domina clone of original sole fem out of 3 seeds bought from an individual seed supplier. Bit of a gamble but it paid off.

I reported previously that the original female was very prone to bud rot and only about 15% thc by my own estimate, but a lovely spicy smooth smoke with no apparent ceiling on the high.
Grow conditions for the original were indoor under about 7K L/ft of mixed HPS/CFL lamps.

Subject of this report: clone #1 of the original. Vegged under mixed spectrum to 3 ft in the grow room during winter, then moved to the GH early January, it has been a little held back by a little adverse overcast, however I have been compensating on those days using an additional 5K lumens of mercury vapour light per plant for 4 hours / day to supplement the sky illum of 2K/ft.
So, I guess you could say, a two-stage grow, augmented by MV light. Quite a lot of UV from the MV lamp. I learnt quickly to keep my hands and arms out from under it.

Container was the revolutionary Walmart white expanded poly beer cooler, about 4 gall., rigged a bit hempy. Plant is in modified coco, fed on various ferts eg MG Bloom 15-30-15, hardwood potash, Mg sulphate, my own creation of ammonium and potassium phosphate crystals 50-50, blood of slaughtered virginal - no, sorry, got carried away there.

Plant went to 4ft in the GH, 23 internodes, very compact, get say three ounces with 8 wks flower, est., easy to manage, still prone to bud rot, a serious problem IMO, it would be good to breed this out. A few drops of water on the colas will do it. No way is this an outdoor strain. Indoor or GH only.

I shamelessly, and especially casting my gaze on its even more magnificent sister, chopped the top half off and rough trimmed it. I've got some pure methyl and ethyl so ... :cool:

Anyway. The smoke report.

I left all of it to dry outside in manila envelopes and brought it in later, but took a small piece and rough dried it in the oven at 150C for about an hour.

Status of tester: abstinence 7 days previously.

+Appearance: as per original mom, lime green/tawny pistils.
+Tactile: soft, candyfloss, sticky, gums up your fingers when trying to crumble it.
++Gorgeous aroma: Cadburys Spearmint Chocolate Bar with a hint of cinnamon.
-On the throat: a bit rough as expected.
=Hashy aftertaste.
++Very strong and marked carry-over of pleasing spearmint chewing-gum flavour in the mouth.
=Onset: Subtle. Initial feeling of disappointment, of 'hmmm... :rolleyes: '
:holysheep: Post onset: Blown away.
umm wait I gotta put on some more Sphongle

right. This is rather different from the mom. This is not 15% thc. It's - oh I dunno. Let me compare it with the only other blow that I have ever grown that has this level of potency: the old skool AI from Nirvana. Gotta give them credit for that plant. If you can still get a pheno like it from them, its a bargain. Anyway they claim 20/22% as I recall. I think I can vouch for that.

So, comparing this Black Domina sample . . . I think it beats the AI. Easily. Pretty well downright lovely, and this is the clear trichs stage. So heaven alone knows what the 30% and :rolleyes: the 100% ambers will be like.

So why the difference in potency? I mean, this test was just the rough dry clear, and it had a distinct Captain Beefheart I-get-up-in-the-morning-and-the-postmans-groovy, all red and blue and green in my head woo-hooo quality about it.

Both were vegged in the GR. Both in modded coco. This second one was grown in an insulated container. I can't see that having such a big effect. The second was flowered in the GH. Lots of direct sun. About 6 hours of direct sun on most days. At least 4 hours of UV-rich MV light at 5KL/plant, on dull days.

It seems to me that one probable major cause of the potency is the difference between the lighting and another, the fact that size is known to be a factor in potency, and this plant went to 4ft 6" vs. the 4ft of the mom.

Anyway, I have to say that this is quite a remarkably good strain in terms of consumer satisfaction and Sensi should continue to offer it. Just try to select for no bud rot.

Latest posts

Back