A Story to tell.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
windmills are a ripoff

there are a few hundred of them 10-20 miles from our place

guess what?

is anyone in our county paying less on their electric bills since

i did hear that a company is experimenting with grinding up the fiberglass blades and adding them to concrete

i am ok with that , to a certain extent , at least it is better than burying them in dirt
They tried that with regular glass here in Michigan. The stuff wears like iron, but it's slicker than snake shit when wet. I found out the hard way on I 69 shortly after they paved it. Ever have a 3/4 ton truck go full lock sideways out of no where at 70 MPH? Still don't know how I counter steered my way outta that one.
They did find somewhat of a cure. They cut lines in it to channel the water off. It did help a lot. It's gonna cost us in the long run.

This is how you get rid of energy. Well not me but someone younger thas not scared his Wife will kill him.

1677006599165.png

windmills are a ripoff

there are a few hundred of them 10-20 miles from our place

guess what?

is anyone in our county paying less on their electric bills since these wind turbines went up?

nope…as a matter of fact , the local electric co-op where the county gets their electricity from , raised their rates!

about the only people who are benefiting from these windmills are the landowners who are already multimillionaires and now they dont even have to plant their fields or run any cattle…

why?

cause the windmill people are paying them enough money that all the land owners have to do is sit on their collective arses and collect a paycheck

special trains , special trucks to haul it all in……special construction crews to erect them….$$$$$$$$$$$$

same thing when they are decommissioned , more special trains and trucks to haul them to the landfill

all this costs $$$$$$$$ and i do not think they produce enough electricity to pay for theirselves

windmills are a sorry replacement for some Tesla coils
Exactly. Well said.

Some states have enacted laws, regulations, and policies impacting solar panel waste already. I don’t know about every home being a generator site but I do feel that we are all responsible for our waste and if we are throwing away something that’s bad for the earth or that has no end of life expectancy, we should properly dispose of them where recycling can be done or consider that before we purchase them. We have become addicted to throw away items and our new generation has no idea how we managed without the excessive plastics we depend on every day. I guess I’m a bit of a tree hugger when it comes to littering up our environment with poison when we don’t have to. I use my share of plastic but still don’t usually buy it unless there is no other choice.
I don’t have the answers but can see the problems and $ is the root of evil here I think…
All nice thoughts but you may want to research our country’ “recycling” programs scams. Another failure.

runyoned18 -- Just stumbled on the beginning of this thread with your experience with Stoner The Buck.

I found the story to be wonderful. I've got turtles in my neighbors pond that come out of the water and let me hand feed them.

Beau and FancyPants are peacocks born in my yard 20 years ago. They are completely wild, but hand tame to me -- I can stroke their feathers and they eat peanuts (their fave) out of my hand.

Funny story about FancyPants: I was shooting a spinner target in my back yard with a .22 pistol as the peacock was watching. When I stopped to reload, the silly bird went over and whacked the spinner with his beak to get it going again!

runyoned18 -- Just stumbled on the beginning of this thread with your experience with Stoner The Buck.

I found the story to be wonderful. I've got turtles in my neighbors pond that come out of the water and let me hand feed them.

Beau and FancyPants are peacocks born in my yard 20 years ago. They are completely wild, but hand tame to me -- I can stroke their feathers and they eat peanuts (their fave) out of my hand.

Funny story about FancyPants: I was shooting a spinner target in my back yard with a .22 pistol as the peacock was watching. When I stopped to reload, the silly bird went over and whacked the spinner with his beak to get it going again!
Here last week I had two of my vehicles up in the air on my driveway replacing the brake pads and he came for a visit with a couple of his buddies and as I was under the truck, I heard a noise and look from under neath and seen his legs next to the vehicle. I rolled out from the truck and before I could get my feet underneath me, he stuck his fat head on my chest for a good chin scratch. I think he really must have missed the contact between us because during the rut I would not allow him to get close to me. It brings a dam tear to my eyes every time he pays a visit to me knowing that a 300lb full mature mule deer can care for some old fart that just wanted to help an animal that was hurt. I went into the house and gave him a bunch of apples and he went under his favorite shade tree and laid there until I got tired of working on the vehicle's. I grabbed a chair and joined him for a while. after about 45 minutes he got up and we said our goodbyes until the next time. This is Stoner getting a drink out of the bird bath when I was sitting down. You can see where he has been scratching
IMG_20211114_144535772.jpg
his back with his antlers.

I had a pet deer when i was a kid living in the mountains of California. Rode him down to the bus stop every morning. Even had ppl taking picture's. He was mean to my sister for some reason. He wouldn't even let her around me. Finally my Dad said that when you get home the dear will be gone. Im going to take him to the Zoo. I didnt argue with my Dad. :oops:
Couple days later i noticed we were eating deer meat but didnt think anything about it at the time because my Dad was a hunter. My Mom told me after my Dad had passed away yrs later,, what had happened. I helped eat my pet deer.:vampire:😁

just an update on that shit head stoner. I left the big garage door open this morning and it started to rain and guess who did not want to get wet. I left him alone for about an hour by himself and when I came back out the shithead got into my bird seed in the corner of the garage made a mess and left the shit all over the dam place. He doesn't know it, but I do eat venison. LOL. No, I could not harm a hair on his big fat head, and he knows it. I get up to go to work at 3:00 am and the other day I went out to start the truck and he was laying by it and scared the hell out of me. I thought it was a black bear at first. Dam deer is going to be the death of me lol. My wife gets a kick out of us, and the neighbors laugh when he comes over and pays me a visit. two weeks ago, my neighbor had his dad and family all over and they were playing horseshoes. I was in the back of my house doing some planting in the garden with stoner laying under his tree for shade. They asked if I wanted to play and when I got about halfway across the property stoner decided to follow me and they all started to laugh after my neighbor explained the whole story to them about how I raised him practically from a young hurt buck into this three-hundred-pound beast. He also told them not to get close to him because he will not let allow anyone else to get by him. We played for a little while and stoner laid in the shade tree in between our property, and they all started to laugh when I walked next to him, and he got up for a head scratch and then followed me back home.

You gotcha a buddy. I like animals more than I do most people.
people really get a kick out of it. He will sit with me while I smoke a fatty by his tree and they drive by laughing or they roll down the window and ask if he is friendly. I tell them no he is wild to all other people which is what I wanted. I really never thought that he would stick around like he does in all honesty. He will leave for about a week and then come back to visit, I think he really misses the contact between us, and he still hangs out with the other deer around here. They all will come and eat corn the neighborhood throws out here over the winter for them, but he will not let any other deer close to me or let anyone get close to him. If they get within a certain distance eaten corn or apples, he won't tolerate it at all. He is a massive mule deer and people are intimidated by his size and leave him alone which is a good thing. He still behaves like a wild buck and does his own thing he just makes time to visit from time to time and comes by to get his fat head scratched. He has made my life much more enjoyable I know that, and I never would have thought that a deer could show so much friendship for a person, but you can see that he does.

I dunno what it is about some wild animobiles... they form a bond with a single human bean, and no other.

Fancy Pants and Beau (peacocks) have been hand tame to me for fifteen years, but they will casually walk away from any stranger.

Yesterday afternoon, I was seated outside on the lawn, whittling a little holder for my blooming orchid flower branch (14 blooms -- too heavy for the stalk).

Fancy Pants had been watching me from about five feet away for a some time, and suddenly he did his fluff-up shiver thing... and there he wuz in all his peacock glory.

I went back to whittling, as I am used to the display and sometimes -- if I am standing -- I "join in" by just holding my arms out and turning left and right. He always really likes that.

But seated, I was busy working on the support thingy. Fancy Pants came over facing me and began turning 90 degrees each way, brushing his giant feathers on either side back and forth across my face!

Just by good luck, I had a few raisins left in the little box in my shirt pocket. I took one and held it out for him. He inspected it, and swallowed it -- looking for more. I kept on holding them closer to me until finally, we both were head-to-head looking in that little red box.

If a stranger shows up, he will stay in view... but never close.

Hey fellow smokers I wanted to let you guys in on a story that I can now say has a finish to it. I moved to New México just about two years ago. We were there about for two weeks just before the first snow fall and I notice a very young deer that just started growing

antlers, I guessed around a year old or so. He was not able to stand up and that is when I noticed a huge, long cut on his right back leg about 10 inches long and had a lot of dried blood on it. As any deer would be he was nervous and tried to stand up but had lots of issues with that back leg. I started off by throwing him corn and apples and then called a vet and purchased some very high protein pellets and started to feed and water him. after some time, he would let me actually touch him and eventually let me help get him walking again. Well, He became almost like my dam dog, and I would go get my chair and sit and smoke a fatty with him under the tree, so I named him (Stoner). The good thing was he would not let anyone else get close to him but me, which is what I wanted to do to make him independent and eventually leave on his own when he was ready. Well, he did leave eventually, and I often wondered how he was doing. Well, it has been roughly a year or more and I was outside yesterday and noticed a group of young bucks on the other side of the street as I was getting in my truck, I happened to notice that one of them crossed the street and was walking towards me. I instantly knew who it was from the scar on his leg. I called to him and to my amazement he walked right up to me, and I let him get just so close because he is a wild buck but as the second video will show he just kept on coming until he let me scratch his head. Anyway, I went in and got him some apples and he stayed with me for about an hour then walked off. I had tears in my eyes at that time but felt that things came to a full circle because this morning he was under my tree where I found him at.

Latest posts

Back