Black Friday?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

o K U S H o

We Certified Gettin It.
Reaction score
Drove by Best Buy not to long ago and there were about 20 people already lined up for tomorrow. Im sorry but I think thats just insane. Has anyone else seen this today? Is anyone partaking in the shopping sprees? I will not but thats because Im broke at the moment haha

Yeah, I can't see actually 'shopping' Black Friday, but if I were after just one big ticket item (i.e. a plasma tv or something) I would go for that. Then get the hell out.

im not going out...I do a lot of shopping online..and at estate sales..so I dont hit the mall much. I am not into crowds at all...I have most of my shopping done..a few more gift cards...got to get something for my pop...

Well I'm up got everything ready to go buy..........................

MINNOWS... I'm going fishing. pfffffffffffffffffffttttttttt on the crowds.\

good luck to anyone going shopping today.

Good luck to you Smokey. I dont think I could handle those crowds.:eek:

im getting ready to hike out to my tree stand...my dad and brother are going to buy a tv this morning. screw that

They could be giving stuff away free and you would still not get me to go out on Black Friday. I do virtually ALL my shopping online in the comfort of my own living room where I can be in sweats with my hair a mess, and load a bowl and drink a bit of Irish Coffe while I do it all.

Unless you are planning to buy low budget items such as clothes - don't bother. There was a piece in the NYT just yesterday explaining that big ticket items are NOT generally cheaper in this sale - and the reasons why - and that much of the electronic kit on sale is actually stuff about to be withdrawn because it is obsolete.

The shoppers in my area had Black Ice to play on til the stores opened.

ozzydiodude said:
The shoppers in my area had Black Ice to play on til the stores opened.

Yeah...we had snow on the ground here this morning, the first this yr...but it's the season I guess.

As far as shopping goes I hate doing that anytime...I can't stand crowds. I usually do all my christmas shopping at Meijers at 2 am when there is no one else around. You couldn't pay me to shop today! My daughter is out in it though...crazy kid, she likes to people watch

Drove by Walmart around 5 this mourning and the parking lot was completely full. It was so full they were overflowing across the street. It was INSANE. To think all those people just for Walmart. Bestbuy also had a crazy line as well.:holysheep:

I read a few posts earlier on craigslist and its sounds like the local WalMart was about to erupt into a full-scale riot.
I guess those $4 food processors are in high demand...

i went out at noon and picked up a 55" led lcd samsung with 240 hz refresh....

we were watching band of brothers and holy ****....it was like we were in the war.

I'm with THG. I hate shopping so do as much as I can via internet. A number of years ago I went out on Black Friday and it was grim. Would never do it again.

o K U S H o said:
Drove by Walmart around 5 this mourning and the parking lot was completely full. It was so full they were overflowing across the street. It was INSANE. To think all those people just for Walmart. Bestbuy also had a crazy line as well.:holysheep:

Oh yeah we (the US) just sent a ton of cash chinas way :p

to bad the hydro stores don't participate in black friday...

Wifey saw on the news these fanatics camped out almost 23hrs i kid you not, some people actually camped out the day before just to be the first in line. And they say we are the ones who act insane.

Now if someone had a 40+ inch LCD for $99 on Black Friday I could see getting up there if I had the time for it. Maybe?

Mutt said:
Oh yeah we (the US) just sent a ton of cash chinas way :p

We are handing the superpower reigns over to them, it's very sad

Black Friday is way too much hustle and bustle for the wife and I. Besides, Friday sales can't beat the x-mas sales when the companies are trying to get the last of your hard earned dollars before the shopping season dries up

Latest posts

Back