Bongo's BOMB Newb Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Make sure they're sexually mature before you flip. Do they have alternating nodes? Those little skinny rabbit ear type things are not pre flowers. Pre flowers look like a tear drop with two tiny white pistils coming out. Make sure that they are ready before you flip!

Pre flowers look like a tear drop with two tiny white pistils coming out.

I found my magnifying glass and they have these but very very small. I water today and I'll wait till monday which is my next watering to flip.

Thanks for the info HighBrix. :headbang2::farm:

Thanks everyone for putting up with all my newb questions.

I put the 600 watt HPS bulb in today along with the glass cover. I turned the inline fan and light on. I put the back of my hand right up to the glass and felt no excessive heat. I'm thinking I can put the canopy within 1" or 2" of the glass cover. Is this too close? Give it a little room for growing? These baby's are growing fast.

Still under the fluros

Pics of the new flowering room. I will lower the plants as they grow as the ducting, lights, fan etc. are fixed.

I think this area could do 4 plants in 3 gallon pots at the max. I have 3 plants to flower this grow and I will do only 2 plants at a time in the future.

Enjoy the pics. Thanks

Looks good brosef! I love the hard ducting good call! Looks pro! Be careful, you're in deep, growing is very addicting! I got my popcorn, ready for the show!

Looks good brosef! I love the hard ducting good call! Looks pro! Be careful, you're in deep, growing is very addicting! I got my popcorn, ready for the show!

Dang HighBrix. Your last post was 666 :evil:

Thanks man. I gave the new system a trial run before I do the switcheroo flip. The temp with the light and fans on was 82 deg. I thought that was too high so I drilled abound 10 or 12 3/4" holes along the base to let more air in. The temp. came down 1 degree. I'll drill a few more holes lol.

I'm still not quite ready. sheeeze I really want this grow to be successful. :farm::farm::headbang2::aok::bolt:

I checked the temp lights off with fan running max. 72 deg. 42 RH without plants :watchplant:

I know others have had luck putting the HPS closer to their canopy, but honestly for me, I've kept mine at 12-16".

Everything looks good man!

looking good bongo........ I've always used a 600 watt HPS......... you can get plants really close to it as long as you got good air flow through the light.

Thanks grower13. I must have great airflow as I can feel no significant heat with the back of my hand right up against the light. These plants are on the bushy side of bushy. I want to keep it that way. :farm::farm:

61 days of veg and the plants are now in the flowering room.

I could fit only 2 plants in there. How totally inexperienced I am to think it would fit more. I will prolly keep the 1 as a mother.

The canopy is 3" or 4" from the light. I can lower them 3/4" or 1-1/2" at a time. Here is a pic. Enjoy.

Looks good! I hope you've got plenty of vertical room. I thought my 5' tall tent would be plenty high enough...HA! How wrong I was!

Looks good! I hope you've got plenty of vertical room. I thought my 5' tall tent would be plenty high enough...HA! How wrong I was!

Thanks mindtrip. I have only 5' 3" of vertical room. We will see.

These beautiful girls are 15" tall now. They Grew 4" in 2 1/2 to 3 days.

I didn't mention that I fed them a full dose of veg and bloom nutes per directions for early blooming plants 2 days ago to give them a head start. I'm wondering if I should do this again for the next watering or go straight to strictly bloom nutes?

I've been checking them hourly and they look great. :watchplant: :farm: Reaching for the 600 watts.

Update:

I fed the 2 THC Bomb under the 600 watt HID 12/12 a full dose of veg and bloom nutes per directions for early blooming plants again today.

The THC Bomb plants look great.

I am keeping the 3rd THC Bomb in veg tent under the fluros 24/7 feeding it veg nutes.

:watchplant::watchplant::fid::fid::):D:eek::hubba::banana::baby::aok:

61 days of veg and the plants are now in the flowering room.

I could fit only 2 plants in there. How totally inexperienced I am to think it would fit more. I will prolly keep the 1 as a mother.

The canopy is 3" or 4" from the light. I can lower them 3/4" or 1-1/2" at a time. Here is a pic. Enjoy.

Don't know if you need the heat, but if you get that filter suspended things will work a lot better. Right now you are removing the coolest air which subsequently is drawing hot air down over your girl. You are fighting the natural convection of the room, heat rises ;).

Don't know if you need the heat, but if you get that filter suspended things will work a lot better. Right now you are removing the coolest air which subsequently is drawing hot air down over your girl. You are fighting the natural convection of the room, heat rises ;).

Thanks for the input. I have no idea what you mean.

Latest posts

Back