Book Reviews

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

perp201

Reaction score
i am thinking about getting a few of Ed Rosenthals books, just wondering what you all think of his books and to get some suggestions for other books/ authors as well. Thanks.

I am not a big fan of books now that we have the internet. Ed doesn't have as much experience growing as some of the members here. And he is only one persona and you will get only one person's opinion.

The info on the internet is up to date and you can get almost instant responses to questions. In addition your questions can be tailored to your specific grow. I bought books when I started growing in the 1980s, but back then that was our only source of info. Now I'm a big believer in the varied and instant info we can get online.

Thanks THG for the reply, i too like how much info is available on the internet and how fast it can be obtained. I like books to especially if they have tables and general reference info in them that i can go back to time and time again so i like to have a few good ones on whatever particular subject im am learning about or experimenting with. BTW ... is there any thread that you know of that sort of breaks down in steps with a timeline of a generic hydro indoor grow( i know that there are many many possible variations in the setups and nuets and so on) i am just sort of looking for generic what to expect/ prepare for on a grow from germination through to harvest. thanks.

I have to say that ive learned this hobby from 3 things..This forum, ED Rosenthal's Marijuana growers handbook, and a good friend of mine from here.

This book is really good and told me a lot of things wich is not always can be found on the internet easily.

In my opinion if you wanna be an expert grower and wanna do good quality near decent yield you should buy Ed Rosenthal's book. There are several books from him i prefer Mj growers handbook.

There are a lot of things that Ed says that I don't agree with. I really don't know that there is any one growing book that I would really recommend.

I just print off the things I want to keep and I've kind of made my own book.

Well i understand what you are saying..
What i wrote is my personal opinion.
Im kinda internet addicted guy i have to say and you can find almost everything on it but near that my book helped a lot and said a lot of truth wich was really helpful during my learning period.

Sometimes Rosenthal might be not right in some ways but without that book i wasnt able to reach this success of mine.

So the book was really helpful atleast for me :)

Latest posts

Back