Boo's world

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When all is said and done I should have grown 27 autos outside this years.
Nothing crazy weight wise but enough to make a fat boy sing
I have too much light at night for photos.
Gonna carpet bomb next year with autos ☝️
Yeah I ran the math on the white widow I just took down. Wet it’s 4.6 ounces but that will dry down to about an ounce and a half if what I am reading is correct. So for my total grow fully dry and cured my entire tent brought in about 3.5 ounces of dry usable bud which is more than enough for me.

Electricity for my 3x3 with a 240 watt LED is around 20-25 bucks a month. Anything larger than that I can’t really justify

I was running 2200 W of lights, 2 1/2 tons of air conditioning, and seven fans 24 seven. $3000 a run is what it was costing me for electricity. I’ve just decided that’s crazy and will not go back down that road, my yield was always very nice but the last six months I fought PM and just decided it wasn’t worth the effort after trashing two runs… it almost becomes emotional when you have to sit there and watch 2 pounds of high-quality weed burn in the burn pile…😱

I know the feeling. Lost 6 out of 12 last run. My 8x4 is running about 1600 watts with the lights at 75 percent. I can prob pull a max of 5 lbs though. Minimum 2

I have watched, as everyone else has, countless videos. The commercial grows are all setup with one main consideration and it’s not lights. It’s airflow and secondary are lights and access. At first I thought they were wasting space but then I realized there is a massive low speed air movement in those buildings.

The other thing is the bigger the buds the more of a chance of rot because it’s really hard to get airflow to carry away the moisture deep inside a large bud. But you need large buds if your goal is yield thankfully mine is not.

I do have a question maybe you can answer. I had two main plants and did not push for large buds. My GZ had 3.5 ounces of wet and the WW had 4.6 ounces of wet.

Is that respectable or should I have had more?

Skunky, I would say that’s a matter of your growing environment but I look at your weight wet and see about a third of that weight being your dry weight… my goal is to average a quarter pound dry from each of the plants that I grow but sometimes that just doesn’t become a reality. If you’re getting high quality buds at a low yield I would say that’s far better than getting a lot of buds that are so so or larfy

I have watched, as everyone else has, countless videos. The commercial grows are all setup with one main consideration and it’s not lights. It’s airflow and secondary are lights and access. At first I thought they were wasting space but then I realized there is a massive low speed air movement in those buildings.

The other thing is the bigger the buds the more of a chance of rot because it’s really hard to get airflow to carry away the moisture deep inside a large bud. But you need large buds if your goal is yield thankfully mine is not.

I do have a question maybe you can answer. I had two main plants and did not push for large buds. My GZ had 3.5 ounces of wet and the WW had 4.6 ounces of wet.

Agreed. Earlier I was fighting tent conditions, 90+ degrees, 70+ %humidity. I kept tons of air moving, no mold, no rot. They are cut now. Air going through in high amounts is what I think prevented disaster.

Bubba

I typically grow short squat indicas. Many top out at 3 feet. Small plants that I found interesting enough not to cull, 1 1/2 -2 oz dry on smalls, normal size 3-4 oz dry. Always exceptions.

I usually look at the output of the whole tent more than individual plants. For me, "excellent" yield would be 1 pound from 2x4, 2 from 4x4. I usually fall a bit short, but consider 10 oz from the 2x4 to be acceptable, double for 4x4.

Dont always shoot for biggest yield, its for me not commercial. I prefer not to jam tents to max capacity, sure is easier.

The bitterness of poor quality herb remains long after the sweetness of the low price is forgotten......
important part is quality. Quantity should be sufficient to keep you stocked up. If those two goals are achieved, you are doing fine. I could do it with a single 2x4, but it would require almost, constant growing. I have two 2x4 and a 4x4, but rarely all going at once. Want the two 2x4 to be used for mother plants and veg, with flowering in 4x4. once the last stragglers from current grow finished, shutting down until after holidays....(right). Got plenty to smoke, plenty for hash pile.

Bubba

As I mentioned earlier, my goal for the tent I am going to put back up will be to use my existing gear and grow enough flowers just to keep me and a few of my buddies happy in a 5 x 5 tent…I would much rather grow a pound of high-quality herb, then to have 3 pounds of good herb…6 plants per cycle…

As I mentioned earlier, my goal for the tent I am going to put back up will be to use my existing gear and grow enough flowers just to keep me and a few of my buddies happy in a 5 x 5 tent…I would much rather grow a pound of high-quality herb, then to have 3 pounds of good herb…6 plants per cycle…
Pretty much the same idea here but even smaller amounts. That way it doesn’t matter how much, for me quality and my experiments are all that matter. My goal is to have about ten to twelve choices and be able to rotate between them alternating something daily. I can easily grow that amount in my 3x3 tent.

Basically what I am going to do, but slightly smaller 4x4. Going to try to work on my Baby sitter, a timered set up feeding manifold with individually adjustable outputs to automatically water mothers (or whatever) for 5-10 days at a time.

Awesome thanks!

I have 8 autos lined up and if I get an ounce dry per plant it far exceeds what I need for me.
That works. How tall do your autos get? Have seeds, never done them. Some I've seen went gigantic in the pics here!.

Bubba

Very common number. Only the big stacking ones go over, indoors anyway. One of my Chrimera 3 plants was right at 4 oz dried.

Bubba
I will add, that was ALL buds worth fooling with. Much of the Chrimera 3 were nice sized but not gigantic, and lots of smaller, yet crystal encrusted, that will be made into hash, and then pressed into rosin, is the plan. Some of you may have given counts that reflect ONLY the nicest to go in the bag honkers.

Bubba

Awesome thanks!

I have 8 autos lined up and if I get an ounce dry per plant it far exceeds what I need for me.
8 oz would keep me busy, including some for bubble. And totally away from the dispensary.

Latest posts

Back