Breaders input. help.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sexagenario

Reaction score
Hi my bubblegum pollen and stems got some white mold
(its in a ziploc), if i freeze it can i still use the pollen in a few
weeks or what are my alternatives?

Thanx

Well i took most of the stems that had the
white mold and trashed it ,the clean pollen
sacks where left in the ziploc whith the rise
and put on the freezer to store for the next
month........ when i want to use it how do I
un-freeze it. Any chance of killing the pllen????????

help! Thanx..

ahhh haa.. I actually thought about a mold issue when I first read trill's tutorial. (male in a zip lock bag).. I guess I should have mentioned it ehh?.. :p
I'm afraid, if there has been mold damage, your pollen may have been detroyed. or it's 'viability' at least. All you can do now is give it a try.
Next time, disregard the "bag". Place the cut stwm in a bowl or drinking glass, "away" from any possible oppurtunity to contaminate your fems, to collect the pollen.

Better yet.. cut the branch off just like you would if you were going to clone it, @ a 45 degree angle. Stand it up in a glass of water, with the flower/head hanging over the rim. Place the glass on a mirror or sheet of glass and allow the pollen to fall onto it. Easy to scrape up and collect with a razor blad, and eliminates any possibility of another mold problem.. ;)

Pollen should be "dry" and packaged with a 50/50 mix of bleached flour to act as a desicant. If you wish to use it more than once, you will need to package it in individual packs, as I have noticed that it not survive thawing and re-freezing..

cut the branch off just like you would if you were going to clone it, @ a 45 degree angle. Stand it up in a glass of water, with the flower/head hanging over the rim. Place the glass on a mirror or sheet of glass and allow the pollen to fall onto it. Easy to scrape up and collect with a razor blad, and eliminates any possibility of another mold problem..
This is exactly what I do and it works great:D.

lol hick doesn;t know if the pollen is no good or not. however I agree when he says try it, see for yourself ^^ lolz and have fun with it.

Also don;t need to be all special about it man, just gather it in a plate, no oneed for a mirror lolz, overkill or someone has to much time on there hands ^^

don;t need to be all special about it man, just gather it in a plate, no oneed for a mirror
Mirror, plate....oranges, tangerines....they are both just glass discs:).

Latest posts

Back