Broken Bong Please Help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

budman56

Reaction score
Ok so i broke my two foot kaos while cleaning it dont use hot water people. HAHA but im sure everyone else already knows that. So i did super glue all the pieces back together and used surf wax to seal it surf wax actually works really good for alot of glass problems but im hoping someone could tell me a substance that i could use to reshape the original form including pictures thanks alot. well the pictures are two large so never mind but its the back where the downstem comes down and its a good sized hole.

you might try J.B. Weld. It's a 2 part metallic epoxy that you can get at most hardware stores. I've used this to piece a couple pipes together in the past, and it always worked well for me.

***IMPORTANT***
If you go with this method, be ABSOLUTELY SURE that you give it enough time to cure. I usually leave it on an open windowsill for about a week, just to be sure.

***ALSO IMPORTANT***
DO NOT use this if it's on a part of the piece that comes into direct contact with fire. CAN NOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH!!! My cousin, who taught me this method, had to be rushed to the emergency room when a small bit of the epoxy broke off and ended up in his lung! OUCH!

Hope this helps. It's not pretty, but it's always worked for me.

Oh man! The only safe way to do it would be to have someone who works with glass see if they can repair it. Don't go using epoxy or super glue. This is something you are inhaling that could come in contact with fire and could create a poisonous gas that you inhale into your lungs. YUCK! Your health is worth more than a $100 bong.

zipflip said:
MIGHTY PUTTY!!
i bought this stuff one time bout 7 months back to fix a crack in a water pipe (under sink kind LOL)and the stuff is still holdin up.
and the pipe is under constant water pressure even.
wal-mart has it i beleieve.

does anyone knwo if this stuff would be toxic if used for such purpose.
i mean if its safe to use on leaky water pipes where water could be running over the surface covering the hole then i would assume it woudl be safe if your not hittin it wit flame or cookin the stuff, no?

This would probably be a good product to use. While it doesn't ACTUALLY work to seal any kind of water leak that is under pressure, it is rated as being safe for potable water lines. If flame or heat does not come in contact with the product, it should be safe and non-toxic.

I got that from having to chip this stuff on numerous (at least a dozen) pipes to do a repair when this stuff did not stop a leak on a water line. I personally have NEVER seen that stuff work on a leak under pressure, although it seems to work well on drainage line leaks. Is that black iron pipe going to your toilet?

Zip I hate to be to bearer of bad news but when you least expect it those line will start leaking, usually when you are out of town. I have told people to call someone else when I see that junk because you have to cut out the area repaired with it because solder or pipe glues will not work on pipe that has had it on them

Iron pipe can and often will corrode enough that it will seal its own leak off...for a while. Probably a good call on getting the plumbing redone if things are breaking off in your hand. A good shut off valve can mean getting your mop out instead of calling your insurance claim's center.

Even when the main water supply is shut off you still have the presure the water was at til it has bled off once the pressure is bled off you have the weight of the water above the break, hole or leak that pushes the water out of the line. that is why plumbers turn on all facuets when they work on the lines you have to get all the water out of the lines to solder or glue up new or repaired lines

Well haha this got off topic really fast..But the reason i dont go buy a new one is beacause it cost me 300 and is a really nice perc with a splash guard and diffuser and ice catcher. I mean i will buy i new one but i really like this one plus its rasta colors:)

budman, In my view you have 2 options for repair assuming you are not a glassblower. Reassemble with food grade wax or buy another one. no resin, epoxy or glues should be used since they will leach into the water and air. It may be an expensive bong but lung cancer will cost far more....I know I know, that's pretty extreme sounding, but why risk it.

Latest posts

Back