brown specs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You probably need to resize your pics. I use Paint (available on virtually all PCs)

up tha ppm to 520 minus 15 ppm from starting water 5.8 ph ppm went down to 510 ph stayed tha same what u think duck wondering if thats y those brown spots came if she was just hungry i will wait a few days to c what happens thx on tha pic thing it says 1.30 mb exceeds tha forms list 488. for this file ther on tha browse but cant up load them

Once damaged the plant will not repair those brown spots. Check for new growth and keep your eye on the pH.

Use Paint to resize your pics--1.3 mb is too big.

You need to mix nutes, let them sit 24 hours, check your pH, pH your solution if necessary and let it sit another 24 hours. Since pcduck only gave you this advise yesterday, we can assume that you did not do this. This "waiting period" is critical for the nutes to buffer the water and for the pH up or down to work. The ppms and the pH IS going to change. You CANNOT nute and pH the water, take a reading and expect your initial reading to be a good reading. The nutes WILL change the pH over a 24 hour period and pH up/down does take some time to work.

Hey Goddess; about letting the nute solution sit for 24hrs. Is that for all nutes or just for the organic nutes. Yu know I use the chem nutes for hydro but only let sit for a few minutes and vigorously aerate, then add to rez. should I also let em sit 24hrs?

I use GH3 part indoors and follow the same procedure that I stated above

for resizing pics..I just goto the pic in "my documents"-"my pictures"- then rather than left clic on the pic, I right clic on the pic and that brings up the options. I left clic on edit (which brings the pic up in paint), then left clic "image" at the top of the page-left clic "stretch/skew" on the drop-menu, then where the size is highlighted, it will say 100%, change that to 45% for both height and width, then clic ok. the pic will resize to just fill the screen. if it is still bigger that the screen, yu will have to resize it again. depending on the original size of the pic yu may have to try different numbers between 30 and 50% to get it to fill the whole page.(filling the whole page is better than shrinking it to half the page as this makes viewing on our end easier). Once yu have that done, then clic on file and save the pic to a location that yu can find it (I made a new file for all my flower pics.) Yu can do this by clicking "save as" when yu go to save the pic, then it will bring up the page where the pic currently is (like my pictures), move yer cursor over that and right clic, when menu pops up-left clic on "new" then 'file'. it will make a new file that has the title highlighted, type in whatever name yu want then press enter. It will automatically rename the file and save the newly resized pic to it). Then when yu resize any in the future, yu go through the same setup but rather than making a new file, yu just clic on 'save as' and it will bring up the files then just double left clic on the new file that yu made the first time and it will save it to that file. hope this helps

thanks yall just panic when all those brown spot got worse going to let soltion sit for now on should i leave to ppm alone or move it up it at 520&ph 5.8 thses moring checked ppm went down 510 & ph 5.8 the same check agin before light out ppm went down 460 ph 5.2 . had to add 3 quarts of just water ahd ph bac to 5.8 about the ppm should i let it be or put them bac to 520 pl help just want to fix her asap working on those pic not togood with tha computer

got the ppm up to 520 ph 5.8 check tis morning went down 510 ph stayed checked before lites out ppm went more down460 ph 5.2 had to add plain water 3 quarts to top off and ph bac to 5.8 should i leave ppm alone or bac to 520 sorry just panic when brown spots started to dry the whole and dont want to lose her pl help any advise and will let nutes aerate for now on ty guy ang kinddess lol

I must ask if yu are mixing your nutrients in the 10gal DWC container or in a separate bucket? If yu are not mixing in separate bucket then yu absolutely need to get one so that yu can mix your nutes and aerate them separately before adding that to your DWC container. It sounds like to me that your plant is drinking up the nutes as fast as yu put it in and that is causing the numbers to change so fast that it is bouncing the PH. I would recommend that yu increase again to around 700ppm (in spearate bucket) then ballance ph and aerate for 12hrs. Then check ph again to see if it is changing. If it changes reballance it and aerate it (with airstone and pump) for another 12 hrs then check again. If it maintains the ph ballance then add it to your DWC container and watch it for the next few days to see what happens. In hydro problems happen very fast and will show up in the plant very fast, but they can also be fixed very fast. Yu just have to stay close and keep an eye on it till yu get the hang of it. I promise yu it will get better once yu get your method worked out, and yu learn to recognise what the plant is telling yu that it needs.

i have a seprate tote i mix in a gallon at a time but once all mixed and ph is were i want it igive it to tha plants res but i dont let it aerate like u said and i use 3gallons thank u very very much for ur kindness and help guys

ok hushpuppy when i add the nu nute and check on her and ppm goes up or down do i put them bac to 700 ppm

Is there a reason are you mixing at a gallon a time?

I have extra buckets. When I redo the buckets, I fill clean buckets with 3 or so gallons of water, add nutes for 3 gallons, and aerate for 24 hours. Most nutes have buffers in them that will affect the pH and need time to work. After 24 hours, I check the pH and pH if necessary. If I have pH'd the solution, I let sit for another 24 hours and check again. When the nute solution is right, I simply take the lid with the plant and put onto the new bucket and back into the room. I use any residual nute solution to water my outdoor veggies and flowers.

Different strains can and do have different nutrient needs.

Sentenario said:
ok hushpuppy when i add the nu nute and check on her and ppm goes up or down do i put them bac to 700 ppm
No, If yer mixing yer nute solution in a separate bucket, yu want to mix it to the level that yu want (700ppm in this case) then get it ballanced on the ph and let it sit and aerate with a bubbler. After that don't adjust the ppm, let it do its thing and only adjust the ph if needed. once yu add it to yer rez, yu don't want to make any changes there. If a problem arrises within the rez(or plants) then yu will want to make a new batch of solution to correct the problem, and if necessary do a complete change out...:)
I like the way Goddess does it. She makes up new and moves the plants to a new container and throws out the old, which is ideal for removing chemical buildup and eliminates cross contamination of ph'd water.:cool:

got it hope it goes well ty let say i use 1 tsp TB 1 tsp BB 1/4 bestie bloom do i add the nute till i reach 700 ppm cus what it say to mix on the foxfarm schduel i mix it and only get around 350ppm after i mix all nute for 3 gallons together (350)ppm do i add tsp at a time of each nute till i get it up till 700ppm just want to make sure

I'm afraid I don't know the nute brand well enough to tell yu properly...yu say yu are mixing according to the FF schedule. Usually that schedule is set for one gallon or one liter and yu are mixing into 3 gallons. If its says 1tsp per liter(or per gal) of each and yu are mixing 1tsp into 3 gallons then there is yer problem. Yu have to multiply that by 3 if it is per gallon and by 12 if it is per liter.:confused: If yu are sure that yu are mixing it correctly then do one gallon and double the number of tsp to see what the ppm shows:)

Scanning over a couple of different feeding schedules for FF, I did not find one that only called for 1 tsp per gallon.

ok im on week 7(fox farm) i allways use half of what it says so i wont burn from what i read i get 1 gallon its 2tsp growbig i put 1tsp , big bloom calls for 1 tbl 1 put 1 1/2 tsp of big bloom 1/4 bestie bloom i do this to each gallon then i put them togeter in a tote and the read
ing is around 350 ppm. or do i mix ever gallon seprate till i get 700ppm on each on of the gallon then put them in a tote together or will it then read 2100ppm

No mixing 2 buckets of your combined nutes at 350ppm together you still will have 350ppm. need to mix the buckets to your target zone. Mix All your nutes together to get your target zone, in 1 bucket

ty thats what i did just making sure dont get upset if i ask to much ???????? just want mine to look just as nice as pic on this site ty agin let say i got 3 gallon i mix what the schulel says and if not at desired ppm add same amount nutes agin what it say on week 7 to water till i reach 700 ppm rite or should i mix every gallon seprate till all of them say 700ppm them put them together in tote well let it aerate first and balance ph then the tote

Latest posts

Back