Brown stain on leaves CFL grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom O'Bedlam

Reaction score
See photo. The plants are 17 days from germ, transplanted into current container 3 days ago. Ihave 7 total plants aand a few have these brown discolorations on lower leaves. The moisture meter says they are not dry, and the pictured plant has not had any additional nutrients. Is this N deficiency? I see no bugs anywhere. It's been all CFL's so far, the strain is northern lights #5. I'm not too freaked out since the plants look OK otherwise but don't want to ignore an early problem and have it get worse....thanks for ideas...I'm prolly being to obsessive..first time grow:eek:

P6270014.JPG

Good call -its black gold which is 0.5-0-0 on the NPK thing...I think the plant needs a feed. Another pic included...:cool:

P6270013.JPG

i wouldn't worry to much. i see this from time to time on my plants. lower leaves will naturally die. it looks like its the single leaf just below your first set of fan leaves. if thats what it is then i would say its normal. but someone else will jump in shortly. lets see what they have to say. hope this helps. good luck

I wouldn't worry too much about it... might just be water burns... if it was a prob, it would be on the whole plant. just watch it for a few days, and if it gets more pronounced, then you might be having a prob.

pH seem ok unless the meter's broken. Also, I made a mistake- the soil isn't 0.5 -0-0 , it's 0.05 - 0-0. If that matters.

Hippy, what's a James?

If you aren't giving her any food, then the only thing It could mean is she's hungry... Hungry for micros if you ask me.

has the effected leaves ever laid on the ground while the soil was wet? or have dirt on it thats wet?

yes they probably got some h20 and or wet soil on 'em during transplanting. THe ph was just a shade under 7, I'm guessing 6.9 or so (the meter has 0.5 increments).

everything seems ok. My next problem is going to be running out of room in my little space before they declare their sex. I never thought 7/9 seeds would make it. I may need to throw one or two outside...:holysheep:

P6280017.JPG

Latest posts

Back