Bubbles In My Blood journal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dude..... looking really good :D What kind of aroma are you getting from them ?

chris1974 said:
Dude..... looking really good :D What kind of aroma are you getting from them ?
thanks man. nice smell when the lights turn off, but since they started flowering the smell goes away when the light comes on. weird.

Hi Loola...

Wow things are looking killer... The difference is amazing... What a resilient plant, huh? I think you're gonna get a very nice harvest off of those bushy girls. Are you going to prune any of the lower 'sucker' shoots? If so you should do it sooner rather than later. I prune my undergrowth up until about 2 weeks when they start to show that they're flowering strong. Some don't like to prune at all in flower but I think it really helps to control stretch and focus the plant's energy to the remaining top bud sites... I'm looking forward to seeing your holiday buds mature...

:headbang2: Rock ON! :headbang2:

heres pictures of tonight.......cant wait to see flowers....i did chop some lower branches last time i did a res change. i think i might keep the rest of the lower ones.....they have thick branches, and dont want to fup the plant...unless you think its best?

sako 021.jpg

sako 020.jpg

sako 022.jpg

aplaisia said:
Nice Gro configuration.

Looks like you were having fun making that system.

I think your canopy will be sufficient to avoid light in the reservoirs.

Do you use CO2???
or are you considering CO2?
yeah, i am having some fun aplaisia. this is my first hydro grow that has worked out for me. now, i havne not harvested yet, so i dont want to count my chickens before they hatch.

my res is pretty tight allready, but im sure the canopy wont hurt light deprivation.

i have no c02. dont know much about it. i used it on one grow, using homemade yeast and suger 2 liter bottle, and a thin hose. let me get this right........when would you use c02? during flowering only? only at lights off times? and only when your exzaust fans are off? thanks

mine took a crap, had to get one from wallyworld for 9 bucks.....heres the old, the new, and the sexy lasied....

sako 023.jpg

sako 024.jpg

sako 025.jpg

loolagigi said:
heres pictures of tonight.......cant wait to see flowers....i did chop some lower branches last time i did a res change. i think i might keep the rest of the lower ones.....they have thick branches, and dont want to fup the plant...unless you think its best?

Hey man...

NICE! :aok: What you've done already will help things A LOT... It really opens up the air circulation around the base of the plants and medium surface and that's a very good thing... You could maybe go a bit farther imho... by thinning out the lower sucker branches but by keeping all the fan leaves next to the sucker shoots down in the canopy... Take a close up at plant level from the side if you can... You may be there already though...

I like to do my last thinning around where your plants are now... just starting to flower hard... I'll often pinch some of the stems at this point to bulk them up and to slow down the s-t-r-e-t-c-h a bit too... Have you ever tried any supercropping? I've found the right combo of thinning at around 10 days to 2 weeks of 12/12 and pinching the stems will slow down upward height and by the time they recover in a few days to a week most of the stretching energy slows down...

They really look nice... Keep on Keepin' on...

Peace!:cool:

dirtyolsouth said:
Hey man...

NICE! :aok: What you've done already will help things A LOT... It really opens up the air circulation around the base of the plants and medium surface and that's a very good thing... You could maybe go a bit farther imho... by thinning out the lower sucker branches but by keeping all the fan leaves next to the sucker shoots down in the canopy... Take a close up at plant level from the side if you can... You may be there already though...

I like to do my last thinning around where your plants are now... just starting to flower hard... I'll often pinch some of the stems at this point to bulk them up and to slow down the s-t-r-e-t-c-h a bit too... Have you ever tried any supercropping? I've found the right combo of thinning at around 10 days to 2 weeks of 12/12 and pinching the stems will slow down upward height and by the time they recover in a few days to a week most of the stretching energy slows down...

They really look nice... Keep on Keepin' on...

Peace!:cool:
hey man, i was just looking....and tomm is res change day. i will get rid of the rest of any lower tops/branches that dont seem like they will catch up to the canopy. also, i have done some pinching the stems, and bending over gently. trying to keep it pretty even up top. ill take pics and post tomm when i do the last bit of training.

so, dont cut leavs, just the lower branches that wont produce?

loolagigi said:
So, don't cut leaves, just the lower branches that won't produce?

Yuppers...;)

imho Loola... You've still got a lot of nice fan leaves that will kick your plant in the touche :hubba:... :rolleyes: The more you can keep the more energy they'll get... especially if you put some CFL's for side fill close to the canopy... You cleared it out nice for air movement and your pruning, bending and pinching sounds perfect to me.... Once they really start flowering NEW rules... Then only gently bend and tie down branches if you need to...

Rock ON!:cool:

scotty.jpg

Great Job I wish I had the patients to veg my girls that long. I have rooted clones right now that I am vegging gor another month and a half when my currunt grow is done.

I cant wait to compare our results. How many watt light do you have? Its going to be a good Christmas lol

thc is good for me said:
Great Job I wish I had the patients to veg my girls that long. I have rooted clones right now that I am vegging gor another month and a half when my currunt grow is done.

I cant wait to compare our results. How many watt light do you have? Its going to be a good Christmas lol
the only way i had the patience for the veg was the dwc hydro. i would have never waited that long in soil. i vegged with 16 cfl's, and im flowering with a 400 hps cooltube. it will be a good christmas indeed.

hey hey, here they are. changed to flowering nutes today, its about day 10 in flower.

sako 026.jpg

sako 027.jpg

sako 028.jpg

i have no c02. dont know much about it. i used it on one grow, using homemade yeast and suger 2 liter bottle, and a thin hose. let me get this right........when would you use c02? during flowering only? only at lights off times? and only when your exzaust fans are off? thanks

Plant 'use' co2 during "lights on". And in order for the plants to benefit, must be administered in a relatively consistant manner, with several perimeters in place. You 'need' to control the environment, temperatures, (thermostasticly controled ventilation), regulated co2 "at" a precise ppm, (tanks, gauges, and manifolds), optimal light, nutrients, ect.
Yeast and sugar is not much more than a "cover scent" for your grow..;)..

HI Loola,

They look great... You still have a nice canopy and you'll soon have a few more grow tips as your plants stretch. I'd let them recover and not mess with them anymore... Next grow do most of your bending and supercropping in veg for the best results but it's going to help you keep control over your plants much better by using these techniques. You've now got some plants ready for take off! :eek: If you do notice any build up of salts give your plants hydroton a really good flush of plain water. When I used to run hydro I ran plain water for a day every few weeks to clear out any build up when I used synthetic nutes.

Be really careful not to break off any mainstems below the lowest node... or it will be nada for that stem...

Happy Growing!:cool:

Lol dam those some green girls you got there hope my turn out as pretty as your babies

aplaisia said:
Hey lool...
I noticed the salt buildup on your buckets.

I have a bunch of the same net baskets. But then I got some more and they do not have the embossed emblem on the lid. They are smooth and have no details as to who manufactured them.

They don't leak on me like the others.

You might look for the other lids if you need more later.

I love not having leaks and messy salt buildup.
Also nice to know your plant drank all the nute solution...

Everything looks good though!!!
whose plant is i the picture you posted? mine or yours? my plants dont have any yellowing leavs that i have seen,nor do they have salt build up. maybe i am wrong, but i dont think so.

aplaisia said:
Yup... Hick is exactly right..
You have to get those stomata (breathing holes under the leaves) OPEN!!!

I need to get ready for CO2 Also...
The good equipment is kinda expensive.
I'll make a thread in a few months for my CO2 Setup...

I think the most important part is making sure you have an Air Tight and Small Atmospheric Area.
That way it will be cost effective.

I'm working with Autos though... So the atmospheric area will be small.
But if you work your canopy like you have you will be good to go!
i think im ganna pass on the co2. i dont have enough money for a tank setup right now. maybe next grow, and i have tried the sugar/yeast 2 liter bottle, and didnt really notice a difference. i get whatever i get for this grow. ill be in the dog house if i spend more money....jus had a addition to the family 2 monthes ago. :hubba:

Latest posts

Back