bud won't burn. ash goes hard

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mutt said:
Its in the link in my previous post ;)

Thanks I read it now I know how they make brown weed, I wont be doin it.

my sweat isn't really like the one mentioned in that link (that sounds pretty gross actually) i never have them change colour..
i just hang them till they're dry, then put them in a plastic bag for a day and draw out the inner moisture (that's all i'm doing is drawing out the moisture) then dry them again and if they look good fine, if not sweat once more.
i usually end up with nice puffy perfectly dry weed that smokes great.

better than just drying, but i'll admit probably not quite as good as curing.

kaotik said:
i just hang them till they're dry, then put them in a plastic bag for a day and draw out the inner moisture (that's all i'm doing is drawing out the moisture) then dry them again and if they look good fine, if not sweat once more.
i usually end up with nice puffy perfectly dry weed that smokes great.

I have done it that way too, and it has turned out good.
Maybe you just need to wait and let dry longer.
Sometimes those real hard nugs take time.

Dewayne said:
mutt, you said that dj short method gave you the best. i remember reading about his cures...is his the paper bag method where you lay the buds in there and turn them and rearrange them daily?

also do you have a direct link for this?

CLICK
I do skip out on the paper bag step. go from drying to jars.

I've Never Used The Paper Bags Either.to Me A Waste Of Time.if Dried Long Enough,all Ya Are Doing Id Drying It Out More.the Jars Are The Stage That Gives That Perfect Cure.with The Right Humidity.jmo

Mutt said:
Had some juicy fruit x Champagne dried and cured a month and didn't like it 6 months l8r was some of the best herb i ever smoked. sometimes it just needs extra time to really show itself off.

i smoked some juicy fruit my boy grew. OMG i fell in love. (with the chronic not my boy lol!!!)

sheet i love all good smoke that gets me high and not burn my throat out.i smoke cigs.,why i bought a volcano too.

Yeah, sweat curing. This is something I tried once many years ago, as per description. It is a bad method IMO. I modified it to include spraying with brandy but it was still not good, the leaves did become hard. I reckon that's yer problem right there. If you want a reasonably quick cure just pack in manila brown envelopes and leave to dry in a cool closet or drawer. Better, follow the tips found here.

Did you use any like superthrive or anything like a carb booster or something?
Sounds like it uptook something that strain just didn't agree with.
Oh wasn't saying your patience ;)
I sorta push that for others reading too. ;)

Only thing i can think of at this point is a chem or something that made it behave this way. Did you have to treat for mites or anything?
If it doesn't work right...could go with a water cure to flush out any chems or something.

I don't know whats up with my edit button.
but was saying..before my post was 3/4 gone. :eek:
your pretty much doing the air dry jar cure method kaotic. just using plastic bags instead. but with the jars you have some free air and is easier to toss them around.

If you could post up what you fed them the last 3 weeks. that would help.

last 3 weeks?... nothing.
they've been on water for like.. 5 weeks now (lol) (took the others down at 2 weeks on water, and they were nasty.. so left these last 2 on water since)
they were getting MG 15-30-15, and got like 2 or 3 shots of shultz bloom boost (10-54-10)

they should be very clean.
maybe (judging by these replies) it is the drying/curing part that's messing them up.. i dunno, guess we'll see how they are after a 'proper' dry.

what do you mean they were 'nasty' after 2 weeks?

sheet i love all good smoke that gets me high and not burn my throat out.i smoke cigs.,why i bought a volcano too.

Lol andy..you love all good smoke and yet you smoke cigs? haha hehe... I used to smoke cigs but quit almost 2 years ago, don't miss em. In fact, I don't see the point in tokin on anything unless its got some good herb in it :hubba:

Latest posts

Back