"Budding" with Problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noelk

Experimental member
Reaction score
Hi all,i have 2 problems with my plants which have not long started to flower the first one seems to have stopped growing around the center ,(main stalk)But the branches on the extremes are OK & flowering well,see foto 1 & 2,and the other one foto 3 concerns 2 plants which have these dark mottled leaves the plants are OK growth wise,but ive lost a plant already because of the mottled leaves so i need help before the same happens.The food i m feeding with is canna organic 1/2 strength and guana every month.the ph is OK 5.9-6.1,and the runoff 6.6-6.9.PLEASE advise.THANKS

IMG_2747.JPG

IMG_2746.JPG

here are the fotos with the black mottled leaves

IMG_2740.JPG

IMG_2743.JPG

Lift your pot up, yes i know it will be difficult, tilt it or something, looking at picture 1 it looks like the pot isnt big enough, if you see roots growing out of the drainage holes it could be a root bound problem, i had this earlier in my grow.

Hippy

think i see white flyes-spots in second pic

HI hippy,no it isnt rootbound the pots are big 40ltr ,and there are no roots at the bottom, the white spots are from when i sprayed them one evening with water and it marked the leaves, The problem has been going on for 6-8 weeks they have been fushed regularly,but i just cannot find the problem.

They are on a rooftop terrace the temp is about 80-90 degrees but i have up there shade which i move the plants to when i see they are suffering from heat,i painted the pots white as they were black and i did have a prob with heat,but i cant see that being the prob.i have 9 plants up there and it is 3 thats giving me problems ,so??i think it must be some sort of def but i cant work it out

noelk said:
They are on a rooftop terrace the temp is about 80-90 degrees but i have up there shade which i move the plants to when i see they are suffering from heat,i painted the pots white as they were black and i did have a prob with heat,but i cant see that being the prob.i have 9 plants up there and it is 3 thats giving me problems ,so??i think it must be some sort of def but i cant work it out

u say on a roof top terrace and is there any board under the Pot?
Being up there were there alot of heat on the roof can make the Pot Hot too.

Latest posts

Back