Build My Own Light?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GreenThumbz99

Reaction score
I found a store in the area that sells HPS ballasts for a pretty cheap price. What is everything I would need to assemble my own grow lamp?

Bulb, ballast, but where would i get the socket part?

GreenThumbz99 said:
I found a store in the area that sells HPS ballasts for a pretty cheap price. What is everything I would need to assemble my own grow lamp?

It be Cheapper to go to Ebay and buy a system or www.htg.com
For parts homedopote or Lowes or a Hardware store..

GreenThumbz99 said:

If you get a ballast and DIY the rest of the setup you will probably save money. But if you buy all separate components and just put them together yourself, you may end up paying more. Check out the DIY section. There are a lot of great threads.

What wattage are you talking about? You will need a socket and high heat wiring--the type/size of the socket depend on the wattage of the light you plan on using. You need cords to go from the socket to the ballast and another to go from the ballast to the wall outlet. You need a reflector. And you need a bulb(s) (I think that it is a good idea to always have a spare bulb on hand).

Latest posts

Back