bummed....way bummed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thank you all so much for the kind words, I already feel that twitch...lol...

the suckiest part is the fact that cops can drop by anytime they want (luckily DOC only workds weekdays and to 5p.m. so, I have that...lol)

Much love to my MP family.

:peace:

I admire your helpful hand, you are a hero.

Think of all the "thinking" time you will have in the next three months, the joy of working out maybe something new in the grow room. The sheer happiness when you know your family member will be finished with the time and move on with his/her life.

You are in inspiration.

You're not growing for a good reason. I'm not growing cuz my wife hates everything about weed.

Guess that's a good reason also.

TODAY'S the day. Gah I hate the idea of cops going through my freakin house.

oh well in 3+months it over.

look at the bright side, leo is giving you a clean bill of health! few months from now, they would never guess what your up to.....peace n good luck

Its a good thing you are doing, bravo. That's a cool thing to do.

The bummer side is to keep in mind that while he is there the police do not need a warrant to search the residence. Cops, DOC, sheriffs, etc - or anyone they designate - have warrant-less access without restriction or cause. Depending on the state and the case, the DOC might do surprise inspections once a month or more. Not that they will - there is no DOC in any state which is not overloaded to the brim. But if there are any axes to grind you loose your basic privacy rights to the residence. Made worse if the offender is out of a drug charge of any kind.

7greeneyes said:
thank you all so much for the kind words, I already feel that twitch...lol...

the suckiest part is the fact that cops can drop by anytime they want (luckily DOC only workds weekdays and to 5p.m. so, I have that...lol)

Much love to my MP family.

:peace:

brimck325 said:
look at the bright side, leo is giving you a clean bill of health! few months from now, they would never guess what your up to.....peace n good luck

there is that. Thanks brimck, i appreciate the post.

Old_SSSC_Guy said:
Its a good thing you are doing, bravo. That's a cool thing to do.

The bummer side is to keep in mind that while he is there the police do not need a warrant to search the residence. Cops, DOC, sheriffs, etc - or anyone they designate - have warrant-less access without restriction or cause. Depending on the state and the case, the DOC might do surprise inspections once a month or more. Not that they will - there is no DOC in any state which is not overloaded to the brim. But if there are any axes to grind you loose your basic privacy rights to the residence. Made worse if the offender is out of a drug charge of any kind.

Sounds like you know what you're talkin' about, so I'll ask you....

Once they're (my relative) done with DOC supervision, they won't show up again( to search the house), right? According to my family member they just have to go in every three months for a visit but they won't ever check the house gain, is this true?

I guess you would call it probation...I dunno, I've nvr been involved with the law like this...

oh and they said they didn't search ANY part of the house, just a kindly grandmotherly lookin lady rolled up accoma panied by another plainclothes, came into the living room to ask about what prescpritions there on then left....made me feel alot better...

anyway, any insight would be greatly appreciated regarding my above ?

thanks again Old_SSSC_Guy

I you want a -real- and safe answer, call a local attorney. They will probably answer your questions for free.

But generally - yes. Once someone is off parole or probation they 'revert' to a normal citizen with all the implied rights of privacy. The odds are with you that they will not return. However the theoretical weakness or exposure remains.

Just remain vigilant about security, and remain paranoid about any outward appearances. But you do that already, eh? (smile)

7greeneyes said:
Sounds like you know what you're talkin' about, so I'll ask you....

Once they're (my relative) done with DOC supervision, they won't show up again( to search the house), right? According to my family member they just have to go in every three months for a visit but they won't ever check the house gain, is this true?

I guess you would call it probation...I dunno, I've nvr been involved with the law like this...

oh and they said they didn't search ANY part of the house, just a kindly grandmotherly lookin lady rolled up accoma panied by another plainclothes, came into the living room to ask about what prescpritions there on then left....made me feel alot better...

anyway, any insight would be greatly appreciated regarding my above ?

thanks again Old_SSSC_Guy

Latest posts

Back