Bumps on main stalk?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smokey Mcpotster

my bone marrow is resin
Reaction score
Just wondering if this is something normal for and older plant.
4 months from start of veg. went to flower 11-29. Either Satori or Speed queen from Mandala. Sorry the pic is blurry, I just noticed it with a few minutes til lights off this a.m.
I will take another at 7 pm. Not sure what to make of it. Nothing much found when I searched either, nothing that looked like this.

Note
The rez has a "smell" to it for the last few days. I tried some h202, didnt seem to work. The Roots seem to be slimy/ darker just where they come out of the net pot. I started hygrozyme yesterday at 8 ml per gallon.

DSC00774.JPG

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to ozzydiodude again.

Whew!!!! Thanks ozzy. Have a good holiday.

Looks like an old Girl...How old is she?

Merry Christmas:48:

Those look like root nodes. Are they near the bottom of the plant?

hey--4u2 :48: I germinated on 8-4. I Don't count the 3-4 weeks they didn't grow past 4". I didn't know I needed cal mag with my distilled water,lol. So 3 months of strong veg and 25 days of flower. half way there on sunday. :dancing:

420 Yup bottom of pic is pretty much bottom of plant.
It almost looks like the plant is getting a layer of bark, like when a tree matures. The plants are about 30" tall and 2 1/2 feet wide.

While the bumps are normal, the smell and slimy roots are not and is more worrysome. IMO, I would be trying to find out what caused it. Did you do a res change? What are your temps? Did you rinse the slime off the roots?

Boy I love those 2 strains. Here is Green Mojo for your girls.

THG- I think it was plant matter. I notice a few pieces of leaf in the roots. I removed them all,at the time I didn't realize it could cause problems.
I don't think it was light,( I thought that caused algae? not rot/pythium.) There was one place possible for light. I fixed it. The slots on the 5 gal bucket lid.The ones that allow the lid to be bent up for opening. The roots are so big they pushe it up ever so slightly.
res temps were at 60* for the first three weeks. I insulated the floor, temps have been at 65* since.
Res changes every 4-5 days. Or when I add back 3 gal water they drank.
I started hygrozyme in a fresh res a few days ago. I have been pouring about a quart of treated water through the top of the netpot each day, running it into a waste bucket not into res.
I will get a picture today. I need someone to hold the lid/plant. To big for me to do that and take a pic. The roots are "off" at the very top. I made a rookie diagnosis, I'll get the pic up.

This is what I think is the source of the smell. 3rd day of hygrozyme. The smell was less today.

DSC00825.JPG

Latest posts

Back