Buying with a card?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Java

Reaction score
I know this has been brought up but I can't find the exact answer.

I had trouble placing an order with my debit card with attitude yesterday. What gift/prepay cards are u guys using? The greendot ones? The prepaid that I have seen need your name/ social #. and the "gift" cards that I have seen only say for USA. Any ideas?

hm....I've never had a problem with attitude...

maybe they don't take prepaid cards....

I don't understand the second part of your question

I have used my debit card and credit cards on seed orders with no problem. If you are trying to use a prepaid card they may not have the means to process it.

Reactions: D3
It was my actual card from my bank, something about being out of the us it wouldn't work.

Weird. I have ordered many time with Debit. If your using pre-paid visa, enter the info in the comments box. Card #, CVT, how much on card. Just get the gift card for a round up of what you need,

Example, $106 for seeds, make it $107. Wouldnt matter if you had a 3k pre paid Amex card, they are not gonna take your cash.

I would call my bank and find out why it did not work. Doesn't matter where in the world you want to buy something, it should work. After all it is your money.

Ok talked to the bank this afternoon, they said it was because it was outside the US... Pretty crazy if you ask me! So I had them to let this purchase go through.

Now I'm just waiting to hear back from Rachel. (the order still shows up on my account as "waiting for payment" and I don't want to be double charged, and I'm hoping to still get the subcool seeds that I was suppose to get had my order went through Sunday)

java I bank with wells and they have a password set up for me that I can type in whenever they want to reject a purchase I have to do it everytime I order out of the country..

Java said:
Ok talked to the bank this afternoon, they said it was because it was outside the US... Pretty crazy if you ask me! So I had them to let this purchase go through.

Now I'm just waiting to hear back from Rachel. (the order still shows up on my account as "waiting for payment" and I don't want to be double charged, and I'm hoping to still get the subcool seeds that I was suppose to get had my order went through Sunday)

Interesting, I have a Chase account and not a whisper from them and I have used my debit card about 4 times at Nirvana. Also my Chase credit card.

Good luck

If you have these problems it's because the bank has a hold on this purchase because it is questionable, something you don't ordinarily buy, something that cost a ungodly amount, frequent spending and yes out of country purchases. I have used a pre-paid green dot visa with no problems on the tude.

Cool, thanks guys, we'll see if it goes through tomorrow. I think I might have to think about the greendot card next time.

Chef: was the card you used one that you had to go online to activate it? The one that they send you a card with your name on it later?

I had this same problem. As the chef said, it was my bank holding everything up. I ended up calling The Attitude and had them cancel my order and I made a new order while I was still on the phone with them. The bank still kept the hold on my money for the original order for 6 business days before they put it back in my account. Once I made the order on the phone, my package arrived in the mail in 10 days.

You could either do that or do it on the phone.

If you have a vanilla prepaid mastercard, you have to register it on the vanilla site, which blows pole to no end.

I have used a Greendot card at Seedboutique with identical results to my bankcard. Ordered on a Monday, arrived Saturday.

Well my bank doesnt do internationlal shipments with my card ( I didnt know before i ordered the seeds) I called the bank and they said they couldn't do it. So I ended up having to use a friends card to get them.

So is it safe to use your cc or is it best to get one of those prepaid green dot ones? Does the later protect you better?

dontknowmuch said:
So is it safe to use your cc or is it best to get one of those prepaid green dot ones? Does the later protect you better?

I hve at least two dozen orders to mostly Attitude and hve used my debit card every time with no problems.

Latest posts

Back