"Cabello en Fuego" Nirvana Papaya

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YYZ Skinhead

RIP Neil Peart 9/12/1952 -- 1/7/2020
Reaction score
OK Go! I haven't grown hydro for some time, but I had no way of schlepping 40something pounds of FFOF so I decided to do the drip. The big individual is around 4 weeks, the other two around 2 weeks, and that sawed-off specimen with the goofy leaves is around 10 days. There is one other sprout that I "potted" last week but it has barely launched its first pair of serrated leaves.

papaya59.jpg

papaya58.jpg

papaya57.jpg

papaya55.jpg

well i see another dripper pulling up a sit.

Sin inc said:
well i see another dripper pulling up a sit.
I used to do aero exclusively because the first hydro I bought was a small aero unit from Foothillhydroponics.com. I cannot recall when I built my first Rubbermaid drip unit but the timed-intermittent drip works nearly as well as the aeros (I built several of them too). The drip plumbing is A LOT easier to flush.

I love me some drip hydro :D the kids look good so far. Green grow mojo for the new hydro :)

I know a guy who grew some Papaya outdoors but I never had the chance to try some and I got the seeds for him. Good luck Skinhead.

Hushpuppy said:
I love me some drip hydro :D the kids look good so far. Green grow mojo for the new hydro :)
You know it...ain't drip addictive? :woohoo:

robertr said:
I know a guy who grew some Papaya outdoors but I never had the chance to try some and I got the seeds for him. Good luck Skinhead.

Props :aok: I would love to see an outdoor Papaya...as big as my indoor Papayas grow, an outdoor/greenhouse one would likely be a tree.

Hushpuppy said:
Green grow mojo for the new hydro :)

I just realized that this sounds very much like a rhyme from "Gettin Jiggy Wit It". :giggle: :spit: metrolyrics.com/gettin-jiggy-wit-it-lyrics-will-smith.html

The two sprouts are growing bigger, the two midsize kittens are growing branchier, and the big one is growing like a w...well, you know.

papaya60.jpg

papaya61.jpg

papaya62.jpg

papaya63.jpg

papaya64.jpg

Looking good, I hope we get a chance to see them to the end. You might have to move it over to MC. The last plant is nice and bushy, did you transplant it or something, It looks a little droopy. I always like it it when the leaves are praying to the sky. I hope 2014 is better than 2013, I don't have much good to say about 2013

robertr said:
Looking good, I hope we get a chance to see them to the end. You might have to move it over to MC. The last plant is nice and bushy, did you transplant it or something, It looks a little droopy. I always like it it when the leaves are praying to the sky.

For some reason when I grow Papaya (which is most of the time) it branches like mad. I haven't done anything special to it aside from twisting a few branches. I know what you mean about the droopy look, but oddly the plant is tumescent.

robertr said:
I hope 2014 is better than 2013, I don't have much good to say about 2013
I only have one good thing to say about this thoroughly sucky year: Simple Minds live in CA with a set list including "All the Things She Said". Aside from the Minds gig this year can go to hell.

Tumescent, I had to google that word. The description is interesting.

Well, I tried to pick a word that could not be applied to an erect penis, but "swollen", "stiff" and "engorged", uhhh... :hitchair:

ozzydiodude said:
Dont worry YYZ some of us dont suffer penis envy:D

I hope the plant doesn't either, since it is from a feminised seed! :spit:

I switched the two-headed sprout (it grew that way of its own accord) to a corner hole so more light will land on it.

papaya65.jpg

It looks like the girls are coming along just fine with that drip irrigation system. Ask DGF how he likes the top-feed/undercurrent/DWC hybrid that we designed. It is by far my favorite way to grow. I just love hybridizing. Its like a good ole mutt-hound that doesn't have the querks of pure-breeds. :)

Hushpuppy said:
It looks like the girls are coming along just fine with that drip irrigation system. Ask DGF how he likes the top-feed/undercurrent/DWC hybrid that we designed. It is by far my favorite way to grow. I just love hybridizing. Its like a good ole mutt-hound that doesn't have the querks of pure-breeds. :)
Where is the thread? I may wanna "upgrade" my drip. Experimenting with hydro is like experimenting with homebrewing: as addictive as sugar. :icon_smile:

Latest posts

Back