Calibrating a PH Meter?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD466US

Reaction score
I was given a digital ph meter and was wondering if someone can tell me what solution to use to calibrate it and where I might find it? It is one that you adjust using a screw driver. It seems to be in good shape just no instructions. Any help will be greatly apprciated.

Thanks,
JD

calibration solution for ph meter put it in the solution and turn screw which ever way you need, solution is set-it up to exact 7.0 set up your meeter on 7 and you good to go any hydroponic store carry that .

For the outline of the calibration procedure see

http://www.ph-meter.info/pH-electrode-calibration

Note that details may vary from device to device. If your pH meter has only one screw for calibration it can be impossible to calibrate it properly, as in general this is two point calibration, ie you need to be sure pH meter indicates correct pH values for two different solutions - thus you need two dials.

Apart from hydroponic stroes calibration buffers can be bought from any pH meter supplier, but you may ask for them in aquaristic shops as reefers use pH meters a lot.

Latest posts

Back