California Outdoor 2009

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Effen Gee

Movin' on up!
Reaction score
Well,

Here in the land of the golden sun, we are well known for our outdoor weed.

Outdoor season starts around april and can go as far as the end of november, depending on what you are growing.

Usually we get 3 to 4 months of really good vegative growth, and that is one of the factors that allows us to produce some of the finest on the planet.

Now, with that said...

I must ask my fellow OD growers here in my area the following question:

What the frick is going on with the light cycle?????

it is now may, and all my outdoor plants are flowering.

Chemdog
Blueberry
Warlock
Pure Lights
Skunk #1 x Mendo Big Bud
Cinderella 99
East Coast SourD
Purps 22
Ble Dream

...all flowering. The more indica dominant are at about week 5, the sativas appear to be at week 3.

I feel this has something to do with the most recent storm we had, was pretty dark for about a week. Guess thats what did it.

I already know of MANY other OD growers having the same problems.

...anybody here?

It's past the point of taking them inside and running with it, these were all my moms, either put in the ground for a last hoorah, or in 20 gallon pots, so they can be saved.

...all now REVERTING BACK to veg.

Past the poimt of initial trichs, at least week 4 on those.

Whatta pain in the butt. Reversion is really, really stressful for your plants.

I thought it was weird with my starts going indoors at 18/6 showing sex at 40 days from seed. Seemed pretty early to me. Oh well, they are outside now. Best of luck with the reversion.

Those from clone, Effen? A lot of folk that put clone stock into the ground get these issues. What cycle did you have them in before going outdoor? Matching light cycles is key.

We have clones, moms and seed outside, all behaving in the same manner.

Light cycle was 24-0 when placed outside. Vegged for a few weeks then after the freak rainstorm we got they all began flowering.

They have all been outside for month(s) now.

Strange huh?

No problems here. I had mine on 18/6 before putting them out, so I am not sure if that is what made the difference. I have three mothers out as well that came from 24/0 and they are not showing anything but the usual preflowers. Sun comes up at 6'ish and sets at 9'ish.

The Effen Gee said:
We have clones, moms and seed outside, all behaving in the same manner.

Light cycle was 24-0 when placed outside. Vegged for a few weeks then after the freak rainstorm we got they all began flowering.

They have all been outside for month(s) now.

Strange huh?

Hey Effen, I would bet the 24/0 is the culprit. I did a google search for you in hopes of finding a good source but the results are clogged with folk having the same issues in other mj forums. Not sure if it would be cool to drop a link here to another forum...;) Just search it and you should find your answer pretty quick like.

Ahhhhh!!!:eek: Sorry about the double post, that first one came up as server busy, thought it got deleted....:D

When I lived in socal I could start my crop outdoors in January and they would veg to extreme sizes and bud like normal in September. Not sure what your problem stems from, maybe it's Al Gores fault?

That is the thing though, multiple strains, put outdoors at completely different times.

Make no mistake gentlemen, this is not the first time I have done outdoor. I am actually newer to the indoor scene than the outdoor.

Grew up farming so I always have my eyes on the sky, as we are natures....whatever, slaves I guess.

Also, if it was just light shock, than it is HIGHLY doubtful that it would happen to many different strains that have been put outside at completely different times.

Last year I put seed sprouts outside around march and had MONSTERS in november. Even the local police dept was impressed.

I actually understand how and why this happened, because like I said, I am not alone with this problem. These plants were GIANT when they went outside.

Stable, reliable clones from elite strains DO NOT behave like this from just light shock. Cindy takes weeks to even get started, as does the blue dream.

THe blueberry is fully blooming, forming crowns on the individual cola sites and everything, this is not healthy.

I fully blame the weather for this catastrophe.

I was just wondering if anyone else in my area was having the same problem, I want to know if this is contained to the south bay area, or if we are going to have some statewide outdoor issues this year.

....Becasue if we do, the markets are going to go crazy.

I put out 5 clones on April 15th that were three different varietyies (3,1,1). One plant that was the single Afghani I put out is still 4 inches tall with a 1/3 bong hit bud on top. The other four are going off (vegging). I went from 24 hours a day in the clone box to outside. I did acclimate them in the shade for a few days or so. Last year I had a clone outside that grew a foot tall then flowered in June which was wierd. It never ammounted to much as it was smothered by the other plants.

Anyhoo, I am dealing with this issue just fine (I think) and will be ok around harvest time.

I don't need crazy big plants anyways.

Latest posts

Back