Can anyone identify this insect?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baked bubbler

Reaction score
I have seen a couple of these insects chilling on the leaves of my indoor plant. I suppose it was from when I took in some plants of a fella that lost the motivation to grow them himself.

I recall them being lime green, and I killed one awhile back, but now the same species of insect has turned into all of these colors. I am capable of removing it, which I will do anyways, but I was wondering if anyone knew what this insect was, and if it is known to do a type of damage to my plants. Pix included.

P9070060.JPG

P9070061.JPG

P9070062.JPG

I dunno, but it is very neat looking!

I hope he isn't a bad bug!

what part of the country are you from I used to live in GA I have seen them killed them but I have no idea I think there is a website that you can describe the bug and it gets pretty close to what you are looking fo its like the game 20 questions bugguide its a .net try asking these ppl

yea, it is a very interesting insect. The colors are quite magnificent, although the pix poorly depict its true color. Which has been its only saving grace so far. I will look on that site. I don't mind it being around as long as it dont hurt anything.. anyways now to search.

yes, its a leaf hopper, harmless, but pretty.
i live in southern new england, i get them all the time.
i get these cool looking crab spiders too, bright colors.
every year i get both of them.
never saw any damage from them.
hXXp://www.insectidentification.org/insect-description.asp?identification=Candy-striped-Leafhopper

If he is not scarfing down...let him just enjoy his buzz
:bong:

see, just hanging out.
got little green hoppers too, but i didnt see any today.
i dont know what they eat....
i hope its mites! lol

leafhopper (Large).JPG

OGKushman said:
If he is not scarfing down...let him just enjoy his buzz
:bong:

:rofl: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA..... my thoughts exactly :D

:D I seen lotz of those at Grateful Dead concerts. But when i went to touch them, they just turn back into dancing Deadheads! Neat lookin bug, let em be. Don't think we have them in these parts(Colorado)-grasshoppers here but they only like the indica not the sativa for some reason. I agree with them lol

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Crazydog....that was hilarious!:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

lmao.....I must be stoned.
I thought the title said can anyone identify this suspect...:ignore: :D

Latest posts

Back