can i add more now?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dalejr13

Reaction score
hey guys, quick question. i have 5 day old plants that are doing pretty good even after a bout with fungus gnats. i have 3 23w full spec 1600 lumens apiece cfls plus 3 more for flower. they dont seem to be growing as fast as i hoped, so can i add more now even tho i started em out under 3? what would be the best combo for now and then flower? the lights are about 6 inches above enclosed in a hanging 1.5 x 1.5 square box w/ aluminum foil. can i add 1 or 2 more now and then just add 1 or 2 more for flower? what would be the best to add if i can without getting more cfls? thanks ahead of time! smoke on!

yea put some more light on them. try to get "cool white" it's usaly the long CFLs, not the sprials, use them for flower. there more orange in color. The light wont be a problem to add more. it will be the heat. and sence i jus got this T5 yesterday, i highly recomend getting the 2x2 for a small space. i currently have it in a, almost 3foot long 2 1/2 feet deep and 3 foot high dresser and it giveing of more light then the 5 cfls i had in there + the t8 light!! but you should be fine adding more light jus have good venting for the heat that they give off. remember get a few more "COOL WHITE" to add for veg, the long CFLs. and get the "Warm White" for flower, the sprial bulbs

Hey bro....I agree with BluntFullOfKush but I would take tht foil out of there and get some Mylar....It will make a HUGE difference you can find it a your local hydro store or online. Or until you can get some Mylar just paint the inside with a flat white paint and even that would work better than foil.

thanks guys, but what if i have to keep using just the cfls? i have 3 goin now and 3 more put up, whats the best combo to use for now? 3 for veg, 3 for flower? 4 for veg then add the last 2? or 6 now and just keep it on em thru 12/12? thanks and smoke on!

You can add the other 3 now if you want too....just remember what BluntFullOfKush said and keep it well ventilated to keep the heat down, once you do that then the 6 lights will work good for you....oops, time to take the kids to school....talk to ya in a bit bro...

jus use 6. i told ya tha only thing to worry bout is the heat. you can never have to much light. jus think if it waz growing in the middle of summer and being a seedling, it will still grow. so jus use 6 and watch for the heat.

thnaks, ill just add the other 3 now and continue thru flower with all 6. ill try to get some warm white for flower but its unlikely. and ya, i got fans running to keep heat down. thanks again and smoke on!

ya Dj, I am only using the spiral cfl's and am not having a problem. I do have eight bulbs on one plant, all 26w, 2700k, 1700 lumens each. I am now also in flower at 1 and a half weeks and myrtle seems to be loving all the light. I have four of them round reflectors with the clamp, have a y-adapter in them to run two bulbs in each reflector. I have also put two of them at the sides to get light to the bottom of the plant since the canopy will block alot of the light from getting to the bottom. Hope this helps you, and if i have mistated anything, or just have something wrong, i am sure these wonderful people will set us straight.

I have a 320 watt MH for my NL that is just starting it's 3rd week in veg. cycle after flowering for a few weeks to determine the sex, and I have 2 26w, 1650lumen spiral cfl's for my 5 lil seedlings that iv'e germinated and am trying to sprout in some rockwool cubes with coconut fiber....I was thinking of putting a bunch of cfl's for the flowering stage of the NL when it comes time but wasn't sure of which ones to use for flowering, but BluntFullofKush already answered that one for me, or should I just stick with the MH....it seemed to work ok with my NYSD last time....whatcha think:confused2::huh::confused2:

hey, i like your setup and think ill do the same as you but with the six cfls i got. any idea whether 2700k or full spec is better? a buddy of mine works at lowes and said they didnt carry 2700k cfls but said full spec would work just fine. any idea? thanks buddy. smoke on!!!

:confused2:I'm really not sure on that one my freind....hey any of you guys got some info on this one for us.....:confused2::huh::huh:

KaptainKronic said:
I have a 320 watt MH for my NL that is just starting it's 3rd week in veg. cycle after flowering for a few weeks to determine the sex, and I have 2 26w, 1650lumen spiral cfl's for my 5 lil seedlings that iv'e germinated and am trying to sprout in some rockwool cubes with coconut fiber....I was thinking of putting a bunch of cfl's for the flowering stage of the NL when it comes time but wasn't sure of which ones to use for flowering, but BluntFullofKush already answered that one for me, or should I just stick with the MH....it seemed to work ok with my NYSD last time....whatcha think:confused2::huh::confused2:

KK, sence you already have a HID light, order or goto the store and find an HPS conversion bulb, www.htgsupply.com have them there and ther fast at shipping. got my light in 4 days.Your MH can get the job done, but for better results the HPS will fatenup and tighten up them buds from what i read.

thanks for all the input. ive been using the full specs and so far so good, maybe they're right on track and i was just hoping for a little more. hell, they're 5 days old and an inch tall! well ill let you guys know how the full specs cfls work in about a week, by then i should know. thanks again and smoke on!

I dont see why the full spec wont work. They should be fine. But so you know, Wally world has the GE spirals that are 2700k, they dont say on the box but the 26w=100w ones are 2700k, i checked it out on the GE website. But anyway, I am sure the full spec ones will work fine. It sounds to me that you are using six lights for more than one plant, I am not sure of your area that you are growing in, but i think you will need more light. Have a great grow!

ya, i got six babies now but just growing so i can "weed" out the males. would hate to hate to have started only 1 or 2 and them either die or turn out to be males! if more than 1 or 2 are females ill probably go get more lights, its a closet grow so 1 or 2 will be the most i can accomodate for. maybe even open up a new closet! ill just be happy to get them to flowering considering the problems i started out with. much love to my fellow smokers and smoke on!

Latest posts

Back