Can I cover my BALLS??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benamucc

is NORML
Reaction score
I must be the most unsuccesful grower MP has ever recognized on it's boards...

I think my Female White Skunk has hermi-ed on me. :confused2:

There are distinct female budding sections, and distinct ball looking. None of them are on the same "branch" so I was wondering if I could cover the ball shoots with plastic baggies to prevent pollination of the buds??

This is a severe set back to me once again. Think I'm gutting the whole room, and just installing a tent. I've obviously missed some light point cause this thing has been treated SOOO nice...temps feedings etc...

Please offer advice, and some encouragement... :(

It's 19 days in flower.

DSC06892.JPG

DSC06891.JPG

DSC06890.JPG

DSC06888.JPG

is it the only plant you have growing? if it is let it go but if you have more than this plant then kill it. it looks like a hermie to me.. sorry bro.

so thats male plants? and it buds? how u do that? myself i grew males before i see seeds but no buds ???

its a hermie, both male and female parts. no good for anything unless its the only plant you got. then its not good for much.

Hey my friend..Man you are the strongest grower I know ben...seeing that you and i started up at the same time, and all the challenges you have faced and am able to keep a good attitude about it..some of the stuff you have experieced will pay greatly in the future grows..as far as your hermie goes I was told that you can pick off the balls..but you wont be able to get them all...this is what i was told...I have not had to deal with a hermie yet.( knock on wood)..lets work on tryN to find out why she hermied on you..was there light leaks in flower?...you say you want to do a tent..why? what have you found that you dont like about current set-up..other then a low fem/male ratio..I believe even tho you and I started the same time..that you haveing to go threw all these challenges has really made you a better grower then I..Yes I have had good Harvest..but people are still sayN its begginers luck..IDK..we will see come "Fall 2008" mayB I will have tons of trouble. mayB not. Stick with it my friend all the greatest people in history had lots of challenges that they had to over come..just like you..You will Harvest Great budds...Keep at it..you will get that system down..I feel 4U ben..

If its bagseed thats probably why it hermied. Most of the time you find seeds in your weed because the plant hermied late in the flowering process and it was missed by the grower thereby passing on the hermie trait to all the plants that will come from those seeds. If it were me I would chop it and get rid of it, but with enough patience you could just keep picking all the little balls off and hope for the best. To much work in my opinion. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Dude, My two girls hermied as well... I tried taking away all the pollen sacks that I saw and now 6 weeks into flowering I have Buds full of seeds... I will finish them cause they are the only two plants I've got.. But the disappointment is HUGE!!
It is my only serious grow attempt and I am happy to have gone trough all that... I have Spider mites, Burned my plants a little with too much food and learned a lot about lights ventilation and smell control! I am gonna have some better grows in near future...
Like 4U2Smoke said we have to go trough these sort of crap and learn from our mistakes...
Don't give up mate!
Grow on! And better luck next time!

Oh, and hermies can be smoked too... I've been told!

Buy some dutchmaster reverse. It will have to be applied through out the rest of flower. Also I would just cut those branches with male flowers right off. What ever you decide do it now before they start popping nanners and seed the whole plant.

i just pulled two Hogs Breath hermies out of my closet 4 weeks in to flowering today. its rough to let your babies go. i was able to get them over to a trusted friend that doesn't have any flowering going on. it sucks having to split part of your yield with an unintended partner, but is still better than killing them or risking pollen contamination on the others.

Hey everyone, I just want to say thanks. This is the epitome of what this forum is all about.

I just came out of the closet, and this IS my only indoor right now, but I'm putting a germed seed into the dirt, and floro box today. Some of the "ball" sites this morning were miracuously covering in little hairs!! Power of positive thinking?

I'm still not sure what it's going to do, and I'm afraid to shock it any further, so I think I'll just let the drama play out. Maybe I'll try some of the ball removing, but now I'm going to give it a few days after the overnight developments!!

Thanks again everyone!!

:hairpull: damn hermis i jsut had to kill off a few too mag i feel for you. if this is your only flowering he/she id say finish the operation for it and kill the sacs off, just snip off the whole node and grow on with the fem parts. Hermis may not be great for seed making or for even having to smoke but free bud is better than no bud.

Latest posts

Back