Can someone recommend a PH tester

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Getmelifted

Reaction score
I need a good PH tester to test the water and one to test the soil.
The only thing Ive used before has been a cheap $10 two prong needle plastic tester.

I want to make sure its accurate so thats the most important thing to me

Hanna makes a 3 in 1 tester thats on HTG web.

Check out eseasonsgear.com Best prices, carries just about all makes/models. Also on ebay, same name.

I have the Milwaukee SM-101 and it has been spot on.

DD

try the hanna water proof (the red one)...i've had mine for a while now and it never gives me crap. always on the money.

I got the same thing as puff monkey....I think...mine was like 40 bucks.....Hannah

Droopy Dog said:
Check out eseasonsgear.com Best prices, carries just about all makes/models. Also on ebay, same name.

I have the Milwaukee SM-101 and it has been spot on.

DD

That's where i get my meters.... This is a ph meter for 22 bucks>>>hxxp://www.eseasongear.com/ph600.html

I've got Hanna like Puff Monkey's.
Red one-mine only measures temp and PH-But it is suiting me fine.
:)
Gb

got the milwaukee ph600, $20 and its always dead on. eseasonsgear.com is a great site.

Any digital ph meter is going to serve you better than one you check by color .
just make sure you get one that is waterproof.
IMO get one in your price range. you get what you pay for!!!

Is this the red water proof one you guys are talking about?
hXXp://www.eseasongear.com/hahi98phphte.html"]http://www.eseasongear.com/hahi98phphte.html

Also if its a PH tester shouldnt it be waterproof? I mean it does go in water :D

I appreciate this thread as I need an inexpensive reliable ph tester. I went ahead and ordered the Hanna listed above from eseasonsgar.com but did not order any solution for calibration. Is the solution required or can you calibrate in distilled water?

frogman71 said:
I appreciate this thread as I need an inexpensive reliable ph tester. I went ahead and ordered the Hanna listed above from eseasonsgar.com but did not order any solution for calibration. Is the solution required or can you calibrate in distilled water?

I also use the Milwaukee ph600 and it's worked perfectly for me. I would suggest that you buy the 7.01 test solution. It's a cheap way to make sure you're right on target. Distilled water can fluctuate in it's readings.

frogman71 said:

You need calibration solutions. I would recommend getting the 7.0 and the 4.0. Distilled water is not necessarily a neutral pH.

does any know if this is a good ph tester? hXXp://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110492284161&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

agreed........you need the calibration solution, sometimes they come with the meter, you may want to contact the seller and see, if it's not, maybe it hasn't been shipped yet, and you can still get it all in one delivery.

i think this type breaks fast if it works in the 1st place i wouldnt buy it

omikilla said:
does any know if this is a good ph tester? hXXp://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110492284161&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT
That's the same as the Milwaukee ph600. It has worked fine for me, no leaks, no problems and needs almost no adjustment.

Latest posts

Back