can this be topped

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HERBDOWN

Reaction score
I have a picture, and was hoping to get feed back, about this plant getting topped?

Picture.jpg

Yes, it can. I can't see very well where the newest growing tip is, but it looks like it might already be topped once? An alternative would be to tie the tip down to stimulate lower branches to grow. Good time to do whatever you have planned. It's still pliable and young enough to take any stress, like you are intending, in stride. Good luck!

five internodes? and it is outside? I wouldnt top it myself. Or is there a special reason?

no, frist timer, and was trying to find a way to make this plant get bigger bud or atless more buds

I've tried many of those techniques - LST, supercropping (so called), and found it made no difference to the yield. IMO yield is related to size of root ball, available nutes, strain, and light input. That's it.
It's outside, just let it grow.
Of course indoor growers get up to all that topping and LST and so on because of height limits and the problem of maximising the lamp brightness.

If you top a plant you get 2 smaller cola's, if you do not top it you get 1 big cola.

You have alternating nodes, your plant is at sexual maturity, it will show sex soon.

:peace:

Bending a plant over does expose more of the plant to light. As far as yield goes it may be a toss up. However, you may harvest the bent over plant while the other gets ripped or worse due to concielment factors.

I'm with leafminer....it is in a good flush of growth. Just let it do its thing. I can't think of any good reason to top it.

Latest posts

Back