When should I start topping the plants?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bullshoalsguy

Bud of the Year
Reaction score
I’ll post picks tonight it’s raining right now but I want to top correctly. I topped two plants last year as an experiment and I believe they produced a bit more than those I didn’t. Any hints or ideas welcome.

Plants are a bit away from topping
C51E0E43-7853-44F1-9F6B-A2C4F3ECD81C.jpeg
C082297C-CB54-46D5-B14F-31A7588EB217.jpeg

Last edited:
How long have they been planted there? I mean dI’d you just transplant them? If so, I’d let them settle in their new environment a bit before topping them but they are big enough to top. They will thicken up in the middle really nice, then you can top again when they grow out a bit to get a few more bud sites.

your garden looks nice

They are definitely big enough to top.
What’s been eating on the fans?

How long have they been planted there? I mean dI’d you just transplant them? If so, I’d let them settle in their new environment a bit before topping them but they are big enough to top. They will thicken up in the middle really nice, then you can top again when they grow out a bit to get a few more bud sites.

your garden looks nice
There were planted 17 days ago. I have another thread that shows my growth. My seeds have been outside since germination the stalks are very strong and thick for their age!

I’ve never used anything for bugs. Spinosad? I want to stay as close to natural no chemicals as I can
Spinosad

Spinosad is an insecticide based on chemical compounds found in the bacterial species Saccharopolyspora spinosa. The genus Saccharopolyspora was discovered in 1985 in isolates from crushed sugarcane. The bacteria produce yellowish-pink aerial hyphae, with bead-like chains of spores enclosed in a characteristic hairy sheath. This genus is defined as aerobic, Gram-positive, nonacid-fast actinomycetes with fragmenting substrate mycelium. S. spinosa was isolated from soil collected inside a nonoperational sugar mill rum still in the Virgin Islands. Spinosad is a mixture of chemical compounds in the spinosyn family that has a generalized structure consisting of a unique tetracyclic ring system attached to an amino sugar (D-forosamine) and a neutral sugar (tri-Ο-methyl-L-rhamnose). Spinosad is relatively nonpolar and not easily dissolved in water.Spinosad is a novel mode-of-action insecticide derived from a family of natural products obtained by fermentation of S. spinosa.

Spinosad

Spinosad is an insecticide based on chemical compounds found in the bacterial species Saccharopolyspora spinosa. The genus Saccharopolyspora was discovered in 1985 in isolates from crushed sugarcane. The bacteria produce yellowish-pink aerial hyphae, with bead-like chains of spores enclosed in a characteristic hairy sheath. This genus is defined as aerobic, Gram-positive, nonacid-fast actinomycetes with fragmenting substrate mycelium. S. spinosa was isolated from soil collected inside a nonoperational sugar mill rum still in the Virgin Islands. Spinosad is a mixture of chemical compounds in the spinosyn family that has a generalized structure consisting of a unique tetracyclic ring system attached to an amino sugar (D-forosamine) and a neutral sugar (tri-Ο-methyl-L-rhamnose). Spinosad is relatively nonpolar and not easily dissolved in water.Spinosad is a novel mode-of-action insecticide derived from a family of natural products obtained by fermentation of S. spinosa.
You didn’t tell him about the part that it’s organic and won’t hurt the plants…

5th node for me, Getting close
Along with PMS ! Training (Plant manipulation strategy)
because it’s always changing…
Grow them wide and low…

Attachments

• EC4413B6-40DF-4B89-9B25-7ECEE553769B.png
    EC4413B6-40DF-4B89-9B25-7ECEE553769B.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
  • 34373AAC-C44C-4C54-9D40-5A019FE68A83.jpeg
    34373AAC-C44C-4C54-9D40-5A019FE68A83.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back